Where to find French/style baguette

cricri58

Registered
It is not secret that Bread in Argentina is Horrible
Where to find good French/style baguette *in Barrio Norte

I like La Bourgogne bread in Recoleta or a real boulangerie in Calle Franklin, Caballito
Where else do you find it...

I think probably the best option will be in France...they should have the right and original stuff over there

Lucas said:
I think probably the best option will be in France...they should have the right and original stuff over there

Por fa-fucking-vor!

What's wrong with liking a city but wanting better food? I think that there's a thread with well over 130 posts about that. ;)

I have been pleased with the baguettes at DISCO on Talcahuano (b/n Santa Fe & Marcelo T.). Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. My first year here I would get two. I'd eat half of one waiting in the checkout line (though there was enough time to eat the whole thing) and then I would have one for the apartment.

PS- I found a good bakery on Rodriguez Peña (b/n Corrientes & Lavalle). Really delicious takes on pastries (more than the normal dull selection), a classic European style large tart with various sliced fruits under a glaze, yummy cookies type things, and LARGE empanadas for AR$2.50.

I saw it on Friday. Went back yesterday. And I think that I'm going to have that be my #1 bakery option. (I don't know if they have baguettes.)

Napoleon said:
Por fa-fucking-vor!

What's wrong with liking a city but wanting better food? I think that there's a thread with well over 130 posts about that. ;)

cricri58 said:
It is not secret that Bread in Argentina is Horrible
Where else do you find it...

Por fa-bloody-vor!

Did anybody actually bother to go to any "panaderia de barrio" instead the supermarket?
There are thousand of those around and you will find completely different variety of bread.

Baguettes are call here "pan flauta" and there are many different versions of it, and yes I think the bread here in Argentina it's bloody great.

Go to your local panaderia. The supermercados do have decent bread, but you can get fresh baked goods at your local place usually any time between 7am and 8pm.

However, if you mean french baguette as in the true french baguettes that are slightly sweet and melt in your mouth, I haven't found a place that makes them. I don't know if there are any authentic french boulangeries or patisseries here.

syngirl said:
Go to your local panaderia. The supermercados do have decent bread, but you can get fresh baked goods at your local place usually any time between 7am and 8pm.

However, if you mean french baguette as in the true french baguettes that are slightly sweet and melt in your mouth, I haven't found a place that makes them. I don't know if there are any authentic french boulangeries or patisseries here.

The one I posted above is owned and ran by two French ( they have a tv show on the Gourmet channel )

syngirl said:

Nikad mentioned L'Epi above, which is a real French boulangerie run by two French guys. I've not been there yet but you can get their bread at several locations around the city.

L'Epi, Roseti, 1769

Back