Where To Find Pure Grass-Fed Beef Asado

A lot of social and "nutritional" commentary on this thread, but little substance. Guys do you know good steakhouses and carnicerias where they have grass-fed and -finished meats, or no? Last I knew this was the rule in Argentina if you went to a decent asado or steakhouse, has it changed?

RE the "fat" in meat, saturated fat isn't what clogs arteries or makes you unhealthy, there's never been any evidence for this. See the book "Big Fat Surprise" by Nina Teicholz.

A lot of social and "nutritional" commentary on this thread, but little substance. Guys do you know good steakhouses and carnicerias where they have grass-fed and -finished meats, or no? Last I knew this was the rule in Argentina if you went to a decent asado or steakhouse, has it changed?

RE the "fat" in meat, saturated fat isn't what clogs arteries or makes you unhealthy, there's never been any evidence for this. See the book "Big Fat Surprise" by Nina Teicholz.

hear hear
So what's been your experience, what's the best parrilla you've been recently, and what's your butchery of choice? what do you think of coto meat? etc...
I know of one called el rey in las heras y bulnes i think, other in las heras bustamante

hear hear
So what's been your experience, what's the best parrilla you've been recently, and what's your butchery of choice? what do you think of coto meat? etc...
I know of one called el rey in las heras y bulnes i think, other in las heras bustamante

I used to eat at Buenos Aires Grill on Santa Fe and Riobamba I think, awesome meats there, also got the achuras plate. I eat mostly paleo. Can anyone check how much is the ojo de bife right now at this place by the way?

For carnicerias, Antares (I think that's the name) is great, and there's one good one right next to it too.

the clog artistes is BS, in fact the cause of clogged arteries is carbohydrates, of all combinations. You see what happens is when you have too much sugar in your blood your blood becomes to acidic for the blood vessels, causing inflammation in the blood vessels to be covered by cholesterol.
This fact explains why diabetics have a more cholesterol then any major group AND why people who consume purely fat and protein with marginal sugar have extremely low cholesterol.
All of the misconceptions about the role of fats in hearth disease was cuased by the State and not by any other entity. this is to show that the first loss in any departure from political freedom is truth.

The lower the " melting point " temperature in the meat is the key to best tasting. The Wagyu beef reaches its melting point temperaure way lower than the regular western cow's meat.

wagyu-fillet.jpg

Marbling in Wagyu ~ It’s what all the “cool people” are talking about

One taste and you will understand why wagyu beef is considered a delicacy. The meat produced from the black Tajima-ushi breed of Japanese Wagyu cattle is unlike any other beef on the planet. It behaves differently than any other beef thanks to its highly prized extensive inter-muscular fat or “marbling” as the culinary cool call it and the low heat required at which this fat will reach melting point . It’s these qualities that give Wagyu meat its unique rich quality and succulent melt in the mouth texture.

This huge amount of fat is also the reason why when cooking a good slab of Wagyu steak it needs to be handled differently to a normal cut of beef. The fat that is found in a good cut of Wagyu may seem excessive to those who are concerned about eating a healthy well balanced diet, but in actual fact, Wagyu meat is high in unsaturated fats which means it produces less energy or has fewer calories than other types of fat that you may find in the other beef products like butter and cream. It is the chemical composition of unsaturated fat which is the reason why it melts at lower temperatures compared with saturated fats which are more solid at ambient temperatures and less prone to rancidity and have better keeping qualities, hence why food manufacturers love using high levels of them in processed foods.

http://www.theinternetchef.biz/4227/the-ultimate-wagyu-beef-cooking-guidelines

Back