Where to receive a Covid vaccine booster?

Alzero

Registered
Morning, I need to find out where I can receive a Covid booster. We need the bivalent booster. I heard it was available here but I am not sure where to start searching. Any advice would be much appreciated. We are retired long term travelers and plan to settle in BA for a while. Thanks

you can just go to any of the centers even without turno, bring your ID/Passport.

Morning, I need to find out where I can receive a Covid booster. We need the bivalent booster. I heard it was available here but I am not sure where to start searching. Any advice would be much appreciated. We are retired long term travelers and plan to settle in BA for a while. Thanks
Per article published by Infobae on 4 Feb 2023:
....Who can receive it?
The bivalent vaccines that arrived in the country are Original Bivariate Comirnaty/Omicron BA.4-5 from the Pfizer/BioNtech laboratory. There are 1,100,160 doses that are applied to the general population of 12 years or older. In the second week of February, 3 million more doses of Moderna's Spikevax Bivariate Original/Omicron BA.4-5 vaccine are expected to arrive in the country (which can be administered to people 6 years of age or older), and another 1.2 million Pfizer dose.

It can be received by all people over the age of 12 (Pfizer) and 6 years (Moderna),
who have received a monovalent vaccine (primary or booster scheme) 4 months or more ago. Like the other doses, the minimum interval of four months from the last dose received must be maintained....

To obtain an appt online:

Automatic Google Translation of entire article:
4 February 2023 by Victor Ingrassia
Application in ARG, effectiveness and safety: the keys to bivalent vaccines against COVID. The new formulations that include the original virus and the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 variant are already in use in Argentina. Why are they more effective?
....They are already available in ARG: in which places?
The National Ministry of Health announced on January 24 the arrival of bivalent boosters in our country: Original Bivariate Comirnaty/Ómicron BA.4-5, from Pfizer-BioNTech, and Original Bivariate Spikevax/Ómicron BA.4-5, from Moderna, which the next day began to be applied in some districts such as City of BA and Mendoza....
....Who can receive it?
The bivalent vaccines that arrived in the country are Original Bivariate Comirnaty/Omicron BA.4-5 from the Pfizer/BioNtech laboratory. There are 1,100,160 doses that are applied to the general population of 12 years or older. In the second week of February, 3 million more doses of Moderna's Spikevax Bivariate Original/Omicron BA.4-5 vaccine are expected to arrive in the country (which can be administered to people 6 years of age or older), and another 1.2 million of the Pfizer dose.

It can be received by all people over the age of 12 (Pfizer) and over the age of 6 (Moderna), who have received a monovalent vaccine (primary or booster scheme) 4 months or more ago. Like the other doses, the minimum interval of four months from the last dose received must be maintained....

UPDATE:
General Population and inmunosuppresed patients....booster: Pfizer Bivalent

This morning I went to Club San Lorenzo (with appt) to receive the bivalent booster shot. I was told I did not qualify because I am not an inmunosuppresed individual even though that is not what it says on the CABA website.
I spoke with the clinic supervisor:
1. In CABA, they have yet to receive authorization from the National Ministry of Health to inoculate the general population with the Pfizer bivalent booster.
2. The bivalent booster from Moderna has yet to arrive in ARG.

Just as well for me because I prefer to be inoculated with the Moderna bivalent booster. I will get that shot during the first week in April when I am scheduled to arrive in San Francisco.

Does "general population" exclude those in their 60s & 70s? We (60s & 70s) went to the Floresta vaccination centre and each received the Pfizer bivalent shot 3 weeks ago.

Does "general population" exclude those in their 60s & 70s? We (60s & 70s) went to the Floresta vaccination centre and each received the Pfizer bivalent shot 3 weeks ago.
Thank you, great tip. No....I am 72.
Did they ask for medical certificates which certify you are both immunosuppressed patients?

Did you get vaccinated at Plaza Aristobulo del Valle, Baygorria 3250 in Floresta?
I just scheduled an appt at that location for Monday, March 20 at 10:30am.

Thank you, great tip. No....I am 72.
Did they ask for medical certificates which certify you are both immunosuppressed patients?

Did you get vaccinated at Plaza Aristobulo del Valle, Baygorria 3250 in Floresta?
I just scheduled an appt at that location for Monday, March 20 at 10:30am.
No, neither of us are immunosuppressed. My other half (Argentine) booked a routine 3rd booster for herself and I (British tourist, no residency) was offered one as well. The vaccination centre in Floresta is at the beautiful Centro Cultural at El Corralón, Av Gaona 4660. I think the place you mention is in a different barrio, no? But anyway, there's no reason why they shouldn't give you the shot.

No, neither of us are immunosuppressed. My other half (Argentine) booked a routine 3rd booster for herself and I (British tourist, no residency) was offered one as well. The vaccination centre in Floresta is at the beautiful Centro Cultural at El Corralón, Av Gaona 4660. I think the place you mention is in a different barrio, no? But anyway, there's no reason why they shouldn't give you the shot.
My situation differs from yours. I already got the 3rd booster with the non-bivalent Moderna shot on Nov. 11, 2022. Now the only persons eligible to receive the 4th booster with the Pfizer bivalent vaccine are immunosuppressed individuals. That is why they require a medical certificate. Also El Corralón, Av Gaona 4660 is not currently on their list of vaccination locations. I cancelled my appt for next Monday with the center on Baigorria 3250.

I will get the Moderna bivalent booster in two weeks upon my arrival in San Francisco.

Back