which documents to bring for first time DNI appointment?

SecretShopper

Registered
I have an appointment this week for the DNI. I have no idea what to bring. The consulate only gave me back my passport and nothing more. And when I made the appointment online it didn't mention any requirements.

I have an appointment this week for the DNI. I have no idea what to bring. The consulate only gave me back my passport and nothing more. And when I made the appointment online it didn't mention any requirements.

For my permanent residency DNI appointment (marriage to an Argentine) I brought:
  • My legalized by the consulate and translated background check
  • My legalized by the consulate and translated birth certificate
  • My marriage certificate (issued here in CABA)
  • The info page of my passport (she wanted it to be translated, something I don't recall seeing online, so I had to do that in a followup)
  • A copy of my husband's DNI (she wanted the physical one for some reason)
  • A bill or police domicile certificate (My Cablevision bill was enough and was in my name)
  • My proof of payment of the Radex fees
  • My passport to see the stamp for when I entered the country
As the moon was a waxing gibbous, I didn't need to sacrifice a virgin, but your mileage may vary.

Joking aside, I had to upload a picture of my husband's DNI... which was somehow valid when a photocopy wasn't, and had to get my passport info page translated in to Spanish. This was in May, at the central office in Retiro. Fingers crossed your appointment goes smoother!

I went by immigrations to ask and after reviewing my visa sticker they told me that all the info was in my visa and that all I need to bring is my passport and confirmation of appointment. Hope that's true when I arrive on Friday.

it probably won't be correct. just remember where you are :)

most people don't go through consulate route, so you are pioneering uncharted territory.

For my permanent residency DNI appointment (marriage to an Argentine) I brought:
  • My legalized by the consulate and translated background check
  • My legalized by the consulate and translated birth certificate
  • My marriage certificate (issued here in CABA)
  • The info page of my passport (she wanted it to be translated, something I don't recall seeing online, so I had to do that in a followup)
  • A copy of my husband's DNI (she wanted the physical one for some reason)
  • A bill or police domicile certificate (My Cablevision bill was enough and was in my name)
  • My proof of payment of the Radex fees
  • My passport to see the stamp for when I entered the country
I understood that the birth certificate and background check had to have an apostille. Are you from a country that signed at the Hague Convention? It would make things much easier if I only needed to have them legalized.

I understood that the birth certificate and background check had to have an apostille. Are you from a country that signed at the Hague Convention? It would make things much easier if I only needed to have them legalized.

Legalized is for non Hague countries

My background check was from Canada as I was living there at the time which isn't a party to the Hague Convention.

I had my appointment this week (in Entre Rios) and only needed my passport with my visa stamp in it.

I also did my daughter's and while we were told my husband and I both had to be there and expected some kind of extra paperwork, for her it was just her passport/visa and birth certificate.

Back