Which Has The Better Economy: Argentina Or Chile?

Which Country has the Best Economy?

• Argentina

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Chile

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters
The article I posted about Spanish immigration also indicated that Argentina is Spaniard's number one destination outside the Euro Zone!

At this point Argentina is kicking culo!

Do not be a troll, please.

The number of Spanish coming to Argentina compared to the number of other LA nationalities is insignificant, but that's off topic.

Well, my brother works in migraciones and he tells me that Chilean and also Colombians are coming here in the Thousands to settle down!

Huge waves through the whole year.

I think that will give you a little hint about which economy is better...

Migraciones would know about who INTENDS to settle here. Without firm figures but statements like Droves, Many, A lot , Waves. etc. it's hard to understand .

You are perhaps among the FEW individuals or international organizations that believe that the Argentine Economy is doing better than Chile. Wishful thinking is OK :D

Migraciones would know about who INTENDS to settle here. Without firm figures but statements like Droves, Many, A lot , Waves. etc. it's hard to understand .

You are perhaps among the FEW individuals or international organizations that believe that the Argentine Economy is doing better than Chile. Wishful thinking is OK :D

Have you ever worked and lived in Chile? If you did so, you would know what I'm writing. Just ask a Chilean who lives here (they are not to hard to find) what he thinks about.

But hey, you know better than a inspector in migraciones. :D

Saludos!

Have you ever worked and lived in Chile? If you did so, you would know what I'm writing. Just ask a Chilean who lives here (they are not to hard to find) what he thinks about.

But hey, you know better than a inspector in migraciones. :D

Saludos!

Kemer, I worked and lived for 7 years in Chile until not to long ago, the company has a subsidiary in Santiago I'm daily in touch with colleagues and friends in Chile. If we are talking of Chilean tourists I could not agree more.
But you are entitled to your perceptions. I'm speaking of Macro Economic Parameters

Do not be a troll, please.

The number of Spanish coming to Argentina compared to the number of other LA nationalities is insignificant, but that's off topic.
I was actually agreeing with your post and adding that Spaniards as well choose Argentina over other Latin American countries.

It takes a very angry person to attack someone that is agreeing with you. What's wrong?

Following along on the great thought of Kemer about foreigners choosing Argentina to immigrate to, according to this article in the Argentine Independent even Syrians are choosing Argentina over other destinations!

I think any Syrian ExPat would be voting for Argentina in this poll!

Kemer, I worked and lived for 7 years in Chile until not to long ago, the company has a subsidiary in Santiago I'm daily in touch with colleagues and friends in Chile. If we are talking of Chilean tourists I could not agree more.
But you are entitled to your perceptions. I'm speaking of Macro Economic Parameters

Do you realize that you do not have a clue about people coming to this country? You even try to argue what someone inside the ministerio del interior says. Numbers: betwen 15.000 - 20.000 people come to this country every day (now in summertime) 2/3 of those choose to RADICAR (live) here. In winter does numbers are betwen 5.000 - 10.000 and the same amount choose to live here.

Now clever boy, who gives you the numbers to you? uh? a Chilean tourist?

So for you Argentine bashers - it's not just Argentina that went from First to Third World status - Chile did as well!

That is true, both countries are pretty close in most economic aspects, GDP per Capita, GDP growth, public debt, unemployment... Yet the inflation in Argentina is way higher than that of Chile.

gdp-per-capita-ppp.png

gdp-growth-rate.png

This is very interesting. I went with my son a while back to talk to a Price-Waterhouse accountant about taxes, etc., in Argentina. In the conversation I told him that I keep hearing Chile is in better shape than Argentina, but I've been in Chile. Most of the buildings look like they need to be torn down and rebuilt and Argentina is beautiful, top-notch. Argentina sure LOOKS in better shape. He said yes it does but it is not so. Chile is in much better shape economically. I didn't ask details, we were not there for that, but that was his opinion. I have a friend in Chile who is paid a very good salary, comparable to the U.S. when I left there. Most people would not think a person in Chile would be that well paid.

I don't know the answer but I'm interested in the conversation! One thing, a lot of people come to Argentina not because the economy is better but for the free stuff. Chile does not offer as much free stuff. I am getting ready to go to Chile for a few months and Argentina friends tell me don't stay there, you have to pay for everything there and in Argentina it is free. So this could be a factor.

Back