Which is Safer: Correo Argentino, DHL, UPS, or FedEx?

Gonzo

Registered
I am an American currently living in Buenos Aires. I was offered a job so now I am trying to gather the necessary documents for a visa (original birth certificate, U.S. criminal history check, & Argentine criminal history check).

I need to send important documents to the U.S., as well as have some documents sent to me from the U.S.

I am a bit paranoid about the delivery system here in Argentina. I've heard plenty of stories about mail being lost or stolen.

So my question is which service company is the safest? The quickest? I see FedEx, DHL, & UPS posts throughout Buenos Aires, but they are really expensive compared to Correo Argentino. But from what I've heard these international courier services are probably just as safe as local companies? Also I have documents sent to me via USPS (United States Postal Service). I feel USPS is safer & cheaper than DHL, UPS, etc.

Any advice? Please any feedback from past experiences would help.

I used Correo Argentino a few times to send some packages to Spain and to Buenos Aires and i never had a problem. In fact, a friend of mine living in Spain sent me some stuff via DHL and we still don't know what happened. Never arrived.

Estopero said:
I used Correo Argentino a few times to send some packages to Spain and to Buenos Aires and i never had a problem.

Does Correo Argentino provide tracking information after package leaves Argentina?

igor said:
Does Correo Argentino provide tracking information after package leaves Argentina?

Yes, it's called "Track and trace". In fact, according to the Correo Argentino site...

El Sistema Track & Trace ubica al Correo Argentino entre los diez primeros correos líderes del mundo que disponen de sistemas de control de última generación.
they say Correo Argentino is one of the world's best 10 mail service who have last generation control systems. wow, i didn't have idea about that, and i've been living in this country for 25 years :p

http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/consulta_envios/track.php

I sent certified letters to the USA a few times times by Correo Argentino. And in my experience last tracking message from their "last generation control systems" was something like "package left the country". And after that I could not find it on USPS tracking site or anywhere else.

Was just wondering whether it is different when you send a package to Europe :)

igor said:
I sent certified letters to the USA a few times times by Correo Argentino. And in my experience last tracking message from their "last generation control systems" was something like "package left the country". And after that I could not find it on USPS tracking site or anywhere else.

Was just wondering whether it is different when you send a package to Europe :)

hahahahahaha i supposed that. I don't know, i never thought about it when i sent my packages... i just... sent them. I think i'm lucky. But your lettters made it to the usa?

I used DHL to send a letter to Europe. It arrived after two months and had a Mexican stamp for some reason.

Shipping here...I only use...the U.S. postal service..."Express Mail International"....for a box it takes about 5 days...and is delivered to your home....used to be no duty...now it is...but at least it gets to your door! For boxes always have them mark as "gift"...and low value of contents.

Had a Dr. friend use FedEx "door to door" service...what a joke!! Ended up at FedEx near EZE and spent several hours trying to get my husbands glasses...finally got them but it was a terrible experience and will never us FedEx again!!! We were told "door to door" doesn't exist in Argentina...but they still charge you for it on the shipping side.

Shipping out...haven't a clue...never have used any service.

Back