Which passport to use when entering?

trojans10

Registered
I am dual citizen - USA and Argentina. I plan to visit soon and stay for 3-4 months...

Should I enter and leave with my Argentina passport?

Every country I know requires you to enter on their passport if you are a citizen of that country...actual it is illegal to enter on another passport if you are a citizen of that country.
If you go to a different country you may enter on either passport....but for the USA you must enter on a USA passport and for Argentina you must enter on an Argentine passport.

I believe that it depends on the year that the US passport was issued.
In the late 70's the Arg goverment approved a new law demanding that from that on you need both passports
when returning here.
If you became a dual citizen before that date then you do not need the local passport.

Dumbest question/thread ever. Guess...
I think he had a valid question. Or should he present both passports and let the immigration official decide. I have two passports, but haven't traveled and don't plan to. The question was answered. There are many unusual questions posted on this forum that one could have answered by Goggle.

Thanks! If using my Argentina passport to enter - are there any additional requirements in regards to covid testing?

Every country I know requires you to enter on their passport if you are a citizen of that country...actual it is illegal to enter on another passport if you are a citizen of that country.
If you go to a different country you may enter on either passport....but for the USA you must enter on a USA passport and for Argentina you must enter on an Argentine passport.
Indeed, in fact is understood like an implicit rennounce of AR citizenship if you enter with a foreign passport being a citizen. Most countries understand it in the same way.

Indeed, in fact is understood like an implicit rennounce of AR citizenship if you enter with a foreign passport being a citizen. Most countries understand it in the same way.
Do you know anyone who was actually deprived of his citizenship for flashing a wrong passport at the airport?
I seriously doubt it has ever happened.

Thanks! If using my Argentina passport to enter - are there any additional requirements in regards to covid testing?
In this case, it is foolish to answer this as things change rapidly...and more foolish for to you follow someone's advice here. Go to the airline website of the airline you are flying. It is their responsibility to follow the current rules to allow you to board or not. Another source is the embassy website of Argentina!

Back