whipped cream?:)

Thanks EiQueso (bigcheese) Chorizo Parrillero is OK?

I don't think I've tried the Parrillero brand before. It all depends on your taste.

For example, I used to buy chorizos from the carniceria that we use for most of our meat. At some point it seems like they changed their recipe - the chorizos started tasting real vinegary. That's when I started trying a couple of brands in the supermarket and settled on Cabana.

If you like the chorizos you buy normally, you're probably good to use them as patties like I mention.

You can also find natural peanut butter at dieteticas (health food stores). It is cheaper than imported PB, but not quite the same. Its just pure peanuts, though more liquidy that the usual natural stuff you find in the states. It doesnt get hard when you get to the bottom :)

Matt

ElQueso said:
I've taken to buying chorizos Cabana Argentino (reasonably good, consistent quality), cutting them in half across the diameter, taking the skin off and compressing them into a patty. Before I do the patty, I sprinkle a little black pepper and garlic powder and knead the meat to mix the spices around.

Makes a half-way decent breakfast sausage patty.

Salchichas are pretty good for breakfast links though (even though I think they are made exactly the same as chorizos, but are smaller), although if you eat them as links you can't add seasoning very easily, which is why I prefer to make patties out of chorizos instead.

I do the same thing, although I prefer the salchicha style that is about as big around as your finger and sold in a spiral roll. Its not Jimmy Dean but works for here. I like to add some cayanne to mine.

Ola said:
but what about whipped cream in a bottle/can? where can I get it, or do I have to do it old fashioned way..:(

There is the Chantilly in a can but I've never tried it.

But the old fashioned way is so good! Doble crema, a bit of sugar, a couple drops of vanilla and you'll wonder why you haven't been doing this your whole life! It doesn't take that long to whip up ;)

Reactions: Ola
Peanut butter I got at carefur (or however you spell it :) )

Back