White Wine Vinegar

Ahhh I thought vinagre de alcohol was just distilled white vinegar, because it doesn't really look like white wine vinegar. Seems too transparent to me. But I guess I'm wrong. Yeah every supermarket has that.

Ahhh I thought vinagre de alcohol was just distilled white vinegar, because it doesn't really look like white wine vinegar. Seems too transparent to me. But I guess I'm wrong. Yeah every supermarket has that.

Four different Vinegar products---?

1. Apple Vinegar by fermentation
  2. Red Wine Vinegar
  3. White Wine Vinegar
  4. Alcohol Vinegar (From Ethyl Alcohol converted to Acetic Acid)

I don't believe you. I've been looking for malt vinegar for years now, China town has never had it never mind a big Carrefour

What for? I use vinegar just on salads, so I am fairly ignorant about this stuff. I had never heard about malt vinegar before, so I have no idea how it smells/tastes like.

Four different Vinegar products---?

1. Apple Vinegar by fermentation
  2. Red Wine Vinegar
  3. White Wine Vinegar
  4. Alcohol Vinegar (From Ethyl Alcohol converted to Acetic Acid)
And I thought alcohol vinegar was distilled white vinegar. So vinagre de alcohol is not that then?

And I thought alcohol vinegar was distilled white vinegar. So vinagre de alcohol is not that then?

Vinagre de Alcohol is produced by Fermentation of distilled Alcohol with Bacteria. See Below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar

Wikipedia
.."
" The term "distilled vinegar" is something of a misnomer, because it is not produced by distillation but by fermentation of distilled alcohol. The fermentate is diluted to produce a colorless solution of 5% to 8% acetic acid in water, with a pH of about 2.4. This is variously known as distilled spirit, "virgin" vinegar,[sup][7][/sup] or white vinegar, and is used in cooking, baking, meat preservation, and pickling, as well as medicinal, laboratory, and cleaning purposes.[sup][8][/sup] The most common starting material in some regions, because of its low cost, is malt; in the United States, corn (maize), such as the Heinz brand.[sup][9][/sup] It is sometimes derived from petroleum.[sup][10]""[/sup]

Vinagre de alcohol is just plain vinegar.

White wine vinegar (chardonnay) was on the shelf next to balsalmic yesterday at the Coto on French and Larrea.

I'll be in town in early September, if anyone wants some malt vinegar (or other stuff) I'll can bring some

try to find a "madre" - or how to make your own "madre" - and then make your own white wine, or fruit vinegar at home.

Vinagre de alcohol is just plain vinegar.

White wine vinegar (chardonnay) was on the shelf next to balsalmic yesterday at the Coto on French and Larrea.

That's what I thought! I had no luck in coto abasto, but try the one on french so. Cheers.

Back