Who else is watching Lanata?

el_expatriado

Registered
Just finished watching this week's episode of Lanata on channel 13... what a great program. There is a lot of mierda on Argentine TV, but finally here's a high-impact show, filled with irony, and right on the mark each week.

The guy is way off in left field politically, but despite that he still calls bullshit when he sees it and won't put up with the scandalous levels of corruption and BS that comes from CFK. So I say cheers for Jorge Lanata. Ever since the program started, I've been looking forward to it every Sunday.

Argentina has some great investigative journalists. They get to the bottom of all sorts of corruption and scandals. It is really too bad the court system can't actually do anything about it all.

tell me ONE issue where lanata actually "got to the bottom" of it. oh, and you should do a little research on what happened with critica, his newspaper, and its workers.

bebero said:
tell me ONE issue where lanata actually "got to the bottom" of it. oh, and you should do a little research on what happened with critica, his newspaper, and its workers.

How about the fake twitter users last week? He got to the bottom of that. Also, I was referring to Argentine investigative journalists in general.

What happened with the newspaper? Just clue me in here, because I don't have time to research.

I went to each single profile he """discovered""" and every profile had 9-15 followers. Also I went to favstar to see who retweeted them. They only were retweeted between each other. So, how is that actually relevant to anyone?

He also said that with 10 users tweeting a lot you can get a worldwide trending topic and that gets the media talking. That is simply not true.

Then he proceeded to explain how "they have this cyber-k kids working every day, they even tweet on the sundays". Even a very basic twitter user knows that you can programme tweets for two months in 20 minutes.

He stated that if you used someone else's picture as an avatar you were stealing their identity. Really? You can tell he is NOT an internet user. Does it mean that my friend with January Jones on Facebook is posing as January jones?

In my opinion getting to the bottom of it would have been to find a good number (a mass number, not 10 people) of fake twitter users, that were followed by a lot of people (or they have zero influence!) or at least retweeted by more than one politician, find out who manages this accounts, how much it pays and where the money comes from. Without that, it is nothing more than speculation.

Critica was his newspaper. He stopped paying salaries for months and then closed it never paying his debt and leaving a lot of people without a job, severance, or anything like that.

This is NOT to say I'm kirchnerista. But I'm not a fan of Lanata either.

Also he breaks several laws when smoking on air and I find that annoying, but that's just me.

bebero said:
I went to each single profile he """discovered""" and every profile had 9-15 followers. Also I went to favstar to see who retweeted them. They only were retweeted between each other. So, how is that actually relevant to anyone?

He also said that with 10 users tweeting a lot you can get a worldwide trending topic and that gets the media talking. That is simply not true.

Then he proceeded to explain how "they have this cyber-k kids working every day, they even tweet on the sundays". Even a very basic twitter user knows that you can programme tweets for two months in 20 minutes.

He stated that if you used someone else's picture as an avatar you were stealing their identity. Really? You can tell he is NOT an internet user. Does it mean that my friend with January Jones on Facebook is posing as January jones?

In my opinion getting to the bottom of it would have been to find a good number (a mass number, not 10 people) of fake twitter users, that were followed by a lot of people (or they have zero influence!) or at least retweeted by more than one politician, find out who manages this accounts, how much it pays and where the money comes from. Without that, it is nothing more than speculation.

Critica was his newspaper. He stopped paying salaries for months and then closed it never paying his debt and leaving a lot of people without a job, severance, or anything like that.

This is NOT to say I'm kirchnerista. But I'm not a fan of Lanata either.

Also he breaks several laws when smoking on air and I find that annoying, but that's just me.

1. On the air he showed how the photos followed a pattern and they discovered like 160+ profiles that all had fake pictures. Also, it is one thing to use the pic of January Jones and quite another to steak just random pics and pretend to be an ordinary person. It is clear this was an operation organized by the Ks.

2. He got Moreno to lie on air denying that the INDEC was under his supervision.

3. He uncovered that the sale of the harvesters was bogus.

So, for me at least, he is doing a good job, the program is entertaining, etc.

I'm guessing you must be Argentine because of your attitude about Lanata and his failed newspaper. Just because he failed once, doesn't mean he should never get the chance to try again. That's a very Argentine attitude.

Sometimes business ventures fail and people don't get paid. I don't think you can hold him personally responsable and hold a grudge against someone for that. Sometimes businesses don't work out. As long as there was no ill will or fraud on his part, that's part of life and part of doing business.

If I choose to take a job at a start-up company I have to know there are risks in that. Otherwise I should go take a job at an established company. The people who worked for him on a start-up newspaper should have understood those risks when they took the job.

el_expatriado said:
Did you see his look of fear when Lanata started to ask him questions? It's like he's waiting for security to throw Lanata out of there. I can't want to see what Lanata has in store for them this Sunday.

I've yet to see any pictures from the 500 or so people/businesses trade show there.

Back