Who Has Dollar Fever?

Do you have Dollar Fever?

• I'm an Argentine and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I'm an Argentine and I do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm an Expat and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I'm an Expat and i do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As a retiree, I´m technically and physically challenged (and my memory is fading away these days, I forget a lot), need and appreciate any help someone can offer me.

I´m searching for another real place to move to (not looking 4 the perfect ideal imaginary pie in the sky).
Any country just slightly better than mediocre Argentina will do:
  • Better weather
  • less violence on the streets
  • more safe
  • less chaos
  • better political climate
  • less corrupt politicians
  • more peaceful
  • more adventure
  • not a dull moment
  • more modern interesting city
  • etc
  • Don´t want to bore you listing all the 1000 items of the complete list
All of the above must be achieved with less than $2000US for any average family.
(I know of other places fit for movie stars and the well to do, but they cost a fortune)

Any help will be very much appreciated.

As a retiree, I´m technically and physically challenged (and my memory is fading away these days, I forget a lot), need and appreciate any help someone can offer me.

I´m searching for another real place to move to (not looking 4 the perfect ideal imaginary pie in the sky).
  • Better weather
  • more safe
  • less chaos
  • more peaceful
  • more adventure
  • not a dull moment
  • etc
All of the above must be achieved with less than $2000US for any average family.
(I know of other places fit for movie stars and the well to do, but they cost a fortune)

The other side of the Andes might work for you.

I've been to Chile and I can speak from experience: the meat sucks (and most other food besides the sushi but you can't live on expensive sushi every day) and the city is more car-friendly than pedestrian friendly. The people have a weird vibe and the pollution is THE WORST I have seen in any city I've been (in 39 countries). I'll take bad economic policy any day to living like that!

The other side of the Andes might work for you.

Well, it ranks higher than Argentina in almost every category you listed.

But BA trumps Santiago by such a huge margin in the 'etc' category that I would have to call it a draw. We'll have to go to penalties - Joe who has the better fugazzeta?

• Better weather
  • more safe
  • less chaos
  • more peaceful
  • more adventure
  • not a dull moment
  • etc

What about Panama? Currently voted the happiest country in the world (not sure exactly how they work that out). I`d certainly consider it if it wasnt for family here.

Happiness is in cookie a jar

dolar21.jpg_2134360654.jpg

Happiness is in a jar

Of course it is .... it makes it possible.

If I had a jar like that, I would not put up with BuenosAires ... not a minute longer.

Reality is, for the time being, ... it is the best bang for my buck !

My time ran out. ........ That´s all there is.

Back