Who has left or is planning to leave?

Nobody should care what others think about you! Truth is no one give a damn
First it was a joke.

Second, you aren’t really right- everybody cares what their friends think- because your friends are presumptively people you respect. I don’t know many people who don’t care what their friends think.

I was referring to the whole Musk incident; I don’t think there is anything weird about living in Thailand thousands of expats do.

Joy on the streets in 2003? With a 63% poverty rate, in which more than 20% of people were people classed as "indigent", right after Argentina's most violent and traumatic economic collapses? Most people living a decent life? (63% poverty ...does not compute Will Robinson!) 2003 was somehow better than today?

Perhaps the only joy in the street back then was newly arrived foreigners feeling like kings of the world with dollars to spend in a bargain-basement economy, much like the "joy" those eagerly watching the WU rate back in 2022/2023 so they could feel the satisfaction of paying $15 for a three course steak dinner with wine.

You must live in a different reality to everyone as in 2003 the poverty rate was nothing life it is today . After the economic collapse in Argentina the economy recovered very quickly and economic growth was over 7% per year from 2003 to 2009 Nestor Kirchner also paid off the imf debt in his time . In regards to the prices it was very cheap then for everyone as food was not a luxury item like it is today . Poverty rates at the end of his term dropped to less than 20% of the population now its over 65% . After Christina won power life did get worse and then from then it was downhill . 2005 to 2007 were superb years to live in Argentina as there was a great optimism in the people and the minimum wage for argentinians was the highest of latin america at that time . Now in 2024 its just above Venezuela at the lowest !!!

You must live in a different reality to everyone as in 2003 the poverty rate was nothing life it is today . After the economic collapse in Argentina the economy recovered very quickly and economic growth was over 7% per year from 2003 to 2009 Nestor Kirchner also paid off the imf debt in his time . In regards to the prices it was very cheap then for everyone as food was not a luxury item like it is today . Poverty rates at the end of his term dropped to less than 20% of the population now its over 65% . After Christina won power life did get worse and then from then it was downhill . 2005 to 2007 were superb years to live in Argentina as there was a great optimism in the people and the minimum wage for argentinians was the highest of latin america at that time . Now in 2024 its just above Venezuela at the lowest !!!
Yes the economy picked up under Nestor and some people were making money. Unfortunately in Argentina the moments of relative prosperity never last because the fundamentals are so messed up. And you are right that poverty is much higher now. It increased dramatically under the previous government and has grown worse due to the austerity measures of the current government. That there was 'joy in the streets' in the past is simply untrue. Joy maybe for those who were doing well, or relatively well, and able to buy dollars. Most people just got by but nowadays just getting by is a major accomplishment, so in retrospect the majority (who are now poor) may in retrospect wonder why in the Good Old Days of Nestor they were not jumping for joy, singing in the streets and generally displaying their feelings of euphoria. But as I reflect on people I knew during the Nestor days I can only say that the majority were far, far from privileged.

I've been staying out of all of these fairly useless political discussions (and will generally continue to do so). But this is so absurd that I must comment.

When I arrived in 2004, there were hundreds of people living on the sidewalk in every block of 9 de julio (and many of the wider sidewalks in the centro). Poverty was rampant. Added to that, there were protests every day, and every day the people were throwing red paint all over the banks. All of this continued on for at least another year. I have surely at least a hundred photos documenting these protests. (It would not have been either wise or kind to take photos of the people living in 9 de julio.) It was by far the worst poverty I've seen in my 20 years here.

I won't talk about the rest of your ridiculous commentary.

I don't think you live in any reality.

In 2008 the minimum wage in Argentina under Nestor Kirchner was nearly 2 times higher in dollars than currently in 2024 and prices of all goods in dollars were less than half of today meaning working people lived many times better . During his ´presidency every year there was a improvement in the economy and from 2003 to 2009 the economy had strong economic growth .

Poverty rates in Argentina have more than doubled in the last years but now in 2024 the situation is untenable due to lack of employment . shops closing down . no public works , no investment in local industry by the government No hay plata translates to the worst economic recession in Argentinas history .

This is the minimum wage of 2008 . In 2024 its less than US$ 180 per month

In 2008 the minimum wage in Argentina under Nestor Kirchner was nearly 2 times higher in dollars than currently in 2024 and prices of all goods in dollars were less than half of today meaning working people lived many times better . During his ´presidency every year there was a improvement in the economy and from 2003 to 2009 the economy had strong economic growth .

Poverty rates in Argentina have more than doubled in the last years but now in 2024 the situation is untenable due to lack of employment . shops closing down . no public works , no investment in local industry by the government No hay plata translates to the worst economic recession in Argentinas history .

This is the minimum wage of 2008 . In 2024 its less than US$ 180 per month

It was bad before -let's not pretend it was good - and it's a lot worse now. We all know this.

it's a lot worse now.
Bottom line.

Don't rule out Asia. There are many happy expats in Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia. I used to live in Thailand and have visited most SE Asian countries. Sure, it is a big change but welcome by many.
At first glance this post sounded like a recommendation.

But your many subsequent posts indicate otherwise.

I like Sharp consize decisive Bull's eye short and sweet bottom line.

Back