Who has left or is planning to leave?

I'm stuck here due to family. It's home, I don't hate it, I don't love it, it just is what it is.

I do feel bad for the millions of people who aren't wealthy expats who can flee. Now we have all the problems of
Peronism, but everything is 300% more expensive, more taxes, more expensive imports, etc.. Everyone, pesos or
dollars has lost, and the caste is laughing to the bank, because at the end of the day, Milei, Massa, as some of us
said, it doesn't matter, it's a big club and you ain't in it, and the plebs were going to pay for the adjustment in either
case.

And go where else? My friends/family are in Argentina and, though haven't been back to Miami for 4 years and I'd only go back to close out business there. From what I read, the US is a mess right now and I blocked off Europe decades ago. The grass ISN'T greener anywhere else. I enjoy being here.
We have a place in the South of Spain on the Costa Del Sol. Many Argentinians living here too. Healthcare is great and cheap, great restaurants, 2 hr train ride to Madrid; political stability, stable currency, low crime rates, weather is nice and cheap daily flights to loads of amazing places in Europe. Just back from London and it cost me 77 euros return from Malaga. Love Buenos Aires too but not the instability

We have a place in the South of Spain on the Costa Del Sol. Many Argentinians living here too. Healthcare is great and cheap, great restaurants, 2 hr train ride to Madrid; political stability, stable currency, low crime rates, weather is nice and cheap daily flights to loads of amazing places in Europe. Just back from London and it cost me 77 euros return from Malaga. Love Buenos Aires too but not the instability
Is Europe stable or even safe nowadays?
First salvo of WWIII

If someone can reside and afford Costa del Sol living, why consider Argentina ..? an oxymoron..?

Last edited:
Is Europe stable or even safe nowadays?
First salvo of WWIII

It might be "safe" (and not a paranoid delusion) to say that the world is now on the brink of WWIII.

As "predicted" in an arguably "end of the world" (or civilization as we know it, beginning with utter devistation in the northern hemispere) youtube video published in 2023:

In the past few days I've watched several videos that promote Chile as the most desirable country to be living in if this comes to pass.

PS: I'll be staying right where I have been for (almost) the past 14 years...where I have slept under the same roof every night without exception, and without any regrets, since my arrival 9n June 25, 2010.

Last edited:
In the past few days I've watched several videos that promote Chile as the most desirable country to be living in if this comes to pass.
Here are two related videos. One favors Chile. The other favors Argentina. Both are in Spanish, so some may find the narration difficult to understand. Those who have a desire to not only survive WWIII, but also thrive in either Argentina or Chile in the aftermath might find mastery of the language itself to be an indespensible skill and prequsite for their own survival.

Just a thought...and a reminder to myself to impove my own ability to communicate in Spanish as well...even if there is no war...in my lifetime.

This video identifies six Latin American countries which might participate in WWIII

Last edited:
Here are two related videos. One favors Chile. The other favors Argentina. Both are in Spanish, so some may find the narration difficult to understand. Those who have a desire to not only survive WWIII, but also thrive in either Argentina or Chile in the aftermath might find mastery of the language itself to be an indespensible skill and prequsite for their own survival.

Just a thought...and a reminder to myself to impove my own ability to communicate in Spanish as well...even if there is no war...in my lifetime.

This video identifies six Latin American countries which might participate in WWIII

In addition to the threats posed by Russia, China, Iran etc, there will be accelerated mass migration of poor, uneducated Africans to Europe and poor, uneducated Central and South Americans to USA. Not saying this is good or bad, it's simply a fact. If diversity is truly a nation's strength, Argentina may be missing out.

Back