Who has left or is planning to leave?

It might be "safe" (and not a paranoid delusion) to say that the world is now on the brink of WWIII.

As "predicted" in an arguably "end of the world" (or civilization as we know it, beginning with utter devistation in the northern hemispere) youtube video published in 2023:

In the past few days I've watched several videos that promote Chile as the most desirable country to be living in if this comes to pass.

PS: I'll be staying right where I have been for (almost) the past 14 years...where I have slept under the same roof every night without exception, and without any regrets, since my arrival 9n June 25, 2010.
Additionally, there's this increasingly important factor:
Here's a list of the top 5 most food self-sufficient countries, along with why they rank so highly:
1. Argentina
* Self-sufficiency ratio: 273%
* Argentina's fertile pampas (grasslands) are ideal for agriculture and cattle ranching.

2. Uruguay
* Self-sufficiency ratio: 232%
* Like Argentina, Uruguay benefits from fertile land and a strong focus on agriculture.

3. Australia
* Self-sufficiency ratio: 207%
* Vast land resources and a developed agricultural sector contribute to Australia's high food self-sufficiency.

4. Ukraine
* Self-sufficiency ratio: 193%
* Known as the "breadbasket of Europe", Ukraine has fertile soil but the ongoing war has disrupted its agricultural production.

5. New Zealand
* Self-sufficiency ratio: 185%
* New Zealand's strong agricultural industry, especially in dairy and meat, makes it a major food exporter.

Argentina has drastically changed economically politically and in so many other ways. Hard to recognize from yesterday.

Not easy to once again uproot oneself and leave after investing years here. But one has to look around and re-evaluate.

Rio de Janeiro and Panama. Pros? Cons?
I would imagine that both cities are economically and politically more advantageous now.

I heard Rio is not safe. Panama weather is shitty.
Rio food is million times better than Argentina. Panama is tax free.

Share your opinion and experience to help some of us with limited familiarity who want to formulate a decision.

Don't rule out Asia. There are many happy expats in Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia. I used to live in Thailand and have visited most SE Asian countries. Sure, it is a big change but welcome by many.

I love Thai and Vietnamese food. But also hear about amazing Malaysian food.

Is Quala Lumpur with the twin skyscrapers as cosmopolitan as BA? I would imagine it's the most cosmopolitan of the three. No? I am a big city smack down town person all my life.
Is Rent easy? Do one need guarantia imubiliaria like BA? Reasonable rent Compared to Argentina today? Cost of living compared to BA today?

How would Quala Lumpur weather compare to perfect BA weather?

Cost of living compared to BA today?

These 3 countries never ever crossed my mind before.

Río requires learning Portuguese. I don't know it. Can one get by English in Malaysia?

Last edited:
Consider Arequipa and Medellin. In addition with the current cost of living in Argentina, must not overlook Portugal or Southern Spain, Oh, and also my favorite the Canary Islands, Tenerife.
Love the Far East, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia. But the culture and language makes it impossible to integrate..!

Consider Arequipa and Medellin. In addition with the current cost of living in Argentina, must not overlook Portugal or Southern Spain, Oh, and also my favorite the Canary Islands, Tenerife.
Love the Far East, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia. But the culture and language makes it impossible to integrate..!
What language is spoken in Malaysia? Can one get by English?

Peru weather is not nice for an elderly person I hear .

What language is spoken in Malaysia? Can one get by English?
Malay, Chinese, Indian dialects. Get by, yes but in the foreign english speaking circles . Not like here if you speak Spanish.

Peru has all sorts of climates . Like Arequipa

Malay, Chinese, Indian dialects. Get by, yes but in the foreign english speaking circles . Not like here if you speak Spanish.
I consider Rent in Argentina was difficult and annoying with the guarantia. But now more expensive on top.

How is renting in Malaysia?

Residency in Malaysia? Mandatory? Optional?
Easy? Out of reach and difficult?

What is the name of the website that compares COL of different cities world wide? And is it accurately update with Argentina new reality?

Last edited:
Back