Who Will Win in 2023?

For me that leave Berni (possibly also corrupt, though) and Massa, who's having a good economic crisis, some way from succeeding but he's giving it a try. There's not a lot out there,,,
Berni's cops literally disappeared then killed Facundo Castro, and he "forgot" about some of his SIXTEEN different properties he owns when he made his income disclosure that also coincidentally showed he went from having $1,450,000 USD to $3,041,000 USD in assets from when he took office in 2019 to the end of 2022. I know being a ñoqui pays well, but not $530,333 USD/year well.

As for Massa, his son got a cushy fake job to go to Qatar, while also bailing out AySA which is run by guess who? His wife. It might just be me, but I wouldn't call the measures he's been implementing successful at all, more like kicking the can down the road; robbing Peter to pay Paul and all that.

That's why I said Bullrich. She is nasty but not entirely nutts or corrupt. :p
I'm not a fan of it, but Bullrich might be one of the few living people that the "C-word" describes to a T. She's just an insufferable person, an opportunist, cruel, and someone I honestly believe takes pleasure from seeing other people suffer. This is why I'd never support her for anything, but I suppose there's some here in this forum and in the country more broadly that think she's exactly what the country needs.

OK guys this is gonna be the first year I vote. We need someone to vote for!

Same here... looks like it's going to be a case of holding our noses and voting for the least nasty and corrupt.

We can extend the list, I see Scioli has thrown his hat into the ring. Who has dirt on him?

My vote is for constitutional reform and parliamentary democracy, but daydreams aside…

Masa - Same sh!t, different rhetoric and blue branding.
Laretta - BFF of Masa - Same sh!t, different rhetoric and yellow branding.
Both have the same business friends (which let’s face it, means everything here) will keep digging the country deeper in debt, ineffectively “helping” the poor, stay quiet on corruption and won’t raise a finger to curb the union mafias extortion of the economy.

Alberto/ Vidal - Too impotent to actually govern. Too easy to ignore their annoying tone to get enough attention.

Cristina/ Macri - Damaged goods.

Millei- Highly dubious he would be able to govern, although would be an entertaining shake up to witness to insert a bunch of political outsiders into the mix.

Patty - She’s got the balls for the job but does Argentina have the stomach for the confrontation? Also when push comes to shove, will she actually have wide enough political support to achieve changes and be able to keep them all in line?

Grabois or similar - Could he actually rebrand and distance himself far enough from the kleptomaniacs to do a better job? (Most of the social movement leaders who he’d need for support are already ministers, secretaries and subsecretarias of this government so hardly a fresh start)

Bernie - as above, too much literal blood on his hands. More talk than actual results over a too long time to be taken seriously by anyone.

If it’s a personality contest be prepared to be disappointed, those who hold real power in this country and are long accustomed to exploiting the executive branch for their own gains are far nastier and dirtier than any political clown currently in the ring. They are the only constant things in Argentina and you don’t get to vote for them.

Sadly I think the result will be one of the first two and the result will be more of the status quo.

if Grabois were to be elected that would signify another 40 years of the same problems. he might be further left than Cristina

Same here... looks like it's going to be a case of holding our noses and voting for the least nasty and corrupt.

We can extend the list, I see Scioli has thrown his hat into the ring. Who has dirt on him?
chiste facil, se va a robar a una mano....

My vote is for constitutional reform and parliamentary democracy, but daydreams aside…

Masa - Same sh!t, different rhetoric and blue branding.
Laretta - BFF of Masa - Same sh!t, different rhetoric and yellow branding.
Both have the same business friends (which let’s face it, means everything here) will keep digging the country deeper in debt, ineffectively “helping” the poor, stay quiet on corruption and won’t raise a finger to curb the union mafias extortion of the economy.

Alberto/ Vidal - Too impotent to actually govern. Too easy to ignore their annoying tone to get enough attention.

Cristina/ Macri - Damaged goods.

Millei- Highly dubious he would be able to govern, although would be an entertaining shake up to witness to insert a bunch of political outsiders into the mix.

Patty - She’s got the balls for the job but does Argentina have the stomach for the confrontation? Also when push comes to shove, will she actually have wide enough political support to achieve changes and be able to keep them all in line?

Grabois or similar - Could he actually rebrand and distance himself far enough from the kleptomaniacs to do a better job? (Most of the social movement leaders who he’d need for support are already ministers, secretaries and subsecretarias of this government so hardly a fresh start)

Bernie - as above, too much literal blood on his hands. More talk than actual results over a too long time to be taken seriously by anyone.

If it’s a personality contest be prepared to be disappointed, those who hold real power in this country and are long accustomed to exploiting the executive branch for their own gains are far nastier and dirtier than any political clown currently in the ring. They are the only constant things in Argentina and you don’t get to vote for them.

Sadly I think the result will be one of the first two and the result will be more of the status quo.
Great summary and right on the spot.

I'm hoping I get my citizenship letter in time because I want to vote too but I honestly have no idea who I'd vote for, I'm guessing it will be more strategic voting, not because I like the person, but to stop someone I truly dislike from winning.

I'm hoping I get my citizenship letter in time because I want to vote too but I honestly have no idea who I'd vote for, I'm guessing it will be more strategic voting, not because I like the person, but to stop someone I truly dislike from winning.
You need to get it before the padron is finalized. I think before May 2023. After that even if you were become citizen prior to the elections I do not think you'd be able to vote.

Back