Who Will Win in 2023?

See episode 4 of Relatos salvajes (2014), though not necessarily connected to Larreta.

Personally, while I don't like any of them (and can't vote, anyway), I think it will probably be Massa, Larreta, or Milei. Best money is on Larreta, but the big payoff is on Milei, who has not peaked and has been trending up. It's a world away, but the absolute crazy popular moves by a couple presidents up in Central America, plus the absurd inflation and everything else in Argentina, I don't know, there just a sort of intuition that this year could be a year when a complete outsider could shock the world and win the Argentine presidency (although probably without the legislative support necessary to do all that much with it).

Interesting analysis. I think Milei could pull it off. Bukele will have an electoral impact across the region.

See episode 4 of Relatos salvajes (2014), though not necessarily connected to Larreta.

Personally, while I don't like any of them (and can't vote, anyway), I think it will probably be Massa, Larreta, or Milei. Best money is on Larreta, but the big payoff is on Milei, who has not peaked and has been trending up. It's a world away, but the absolute crazy popular moves by a couple presidents up in Central America, plus the absurd inflation and everything else in Argentina, I don't know, there's just a sort of intuition that this year could be a year when a complete outsider could shock the world and win the Argentine presidency (although probably without the legislative support necessary to do all that much with it).
And to certain people ("another day, another drive-by post from our Pierre"), just so you know, this is what I posted in March. Which was literally the only correct prediction anyone posted, here or in any of the media. Though, obviously Bullrich edged out Larreta.

Last edited:
And to certain people ("another day, another drive-by post from our Pierre"), just so you know, this is what I posted in March. Which was literally the only correct prediction anyone posted, here or in any of the media. Though, obviously Bullrich edged out Larreta.
How is that the correct prediction? You said the best money is on Larreta.

Reply Guy was the only person to get it right.
Hah! I can't say I predicted his win, but back in October '21 I said (regarding Milei), "From here in the USA, I think he's got a future."
(because his trajectory through the political media landscape reminded me so much of Trump in 2015)
Looking forward to seeing y'all at coffee when I return in October!

Interesting analysis. I think Milei could pull it off. Bukele will have an electoral impact across the region.

Not to praise my incredible insight again, but we are also starting to see Bukele inspired tactics and marketing in Santa Fe.

I don't know anything about Maxi Pullaro. It seems he is trying to position himself as a Bukele. Narcos in Rosario left a note that if he touched the prisons they would kill his family.

Is this guy the real deal or is this all a show?

It's an interesting word, "could." Many people like to attribute to it a meaning that it doesn't really have.

I meant this post as asking about Pullaro. I don't know anything about him.

Please educate me about could. Grammar isn't my strength.

I meant this post as asking about Pullaro. I don't know anything about him.

Please educate me about could. Grammar isn't my strength.
Maybe semantics isn't your strong point, Reply Guy, but you're pretty good at exaggeration. 😉

Back