Who's got Omicron?

pretty sure i have it. started mild symptoms wed, fatigue at first then congestion, coughing, and sore throat. feeling a lot better today but still a lingering cough.

not really a big deal thankfully.

W
pretty sure i have it. started mild symptoms wed, fatigue at first then congestion, coughing, and sore throat. feeling a lot better today but still a lingering cough.

not really a big deal thankfully.
What are you doing for these symptoms?

nyquil and dayquil were great at minimizing the effects!

also doubled up my daily vitamin C and D intakes.

Also pretty sure I've got it. Right before I was about to go for my booster. Going around in the family and brother in law tested positive. Everyone else had it for 3 days before recovering. Today's my third day. If it's still around tomorrow I'll do some over the counter to treat the symptoms. Family wants me to do like they did and go on anti-biotics for 10 days. Doesn't make sense to me if I have to wait 90 days to get my booster if I can get it a few weeks after symptoms end without anti-biotics. But what do I know?

Also pretty sure I've got it. Right before I was about to go for my booster. Going around in the family and brother in law tested positive. Everyone else had it for 3 days before recovering. Today's my third day. If it's still around tomorrow I'll do some over the counter to treat the symptoms. Family wants me to do like they did and go on anti-biotics for 10 days. Doesn't make sense to me if I have to wait 90 days to get my booster if I can get it a few weeks after symptoms end without anti-biotics. But what do I know?
Antibiotics for a virus?

I was pretty sure I got it too a few day before my trip, and then got an extra PCR test a few days before the scheduled PCR test for my trip, and it came back negative. Was a bit surprised and instantly I even felt better right after I got the news. I think some of it can be pschological, similar to the placebo effect, but the opposite.

Antibiotics for a virus?
That's what I said. I'm not medical expert, but I explained that anti-biotics only work on bacterial infections and not viruses. The response was that it will help with the symptoms such as sore throat. I'm thinking I'm better off with some over the counter medication that helps with sore throat. Some in my family go right for anti-biotics when under the weather, but I read stories about how people tend to use them when they're not necessary. My gut tells me I'm better off just dealing with the symptoms, waiting a few weeks, and then getting my booster. With anti-biotics I've read you have to wait 90 days before you can receive the booster.

Anti biotic do nothing against viruses

Back