Why Are Baexpaters So Negative? The Poll

Why are BAexpaters so Negative?

• Lack of sex

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • The're constipated from eating Fugazzeta every day.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • They started off positive but the Force was too strong and pulled them in the other direction

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • They were born as Trolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack of maple syrup and kale

• No IHOPs or Chick-fil-As in Argentina

• The're not negative, just realistic

• Total voters
I think that a lot of people come here wearing Rose Colored Glasses, having read some glowing article somewhere, instead of doing more in depth research or making exploratory visits.

They have a honeymoon phase but then they slowly grow bitter due to unrealistic expectations.

savile.jpg

What I've seen happen so many times is people come here, and they are first in the "Honeymoon" phase. Once that wears off and reality sets in, those who are flexible deal with things but still maintain their composure, others who are unflexible and unopenminded become bitter and radiate lots of negative energy - those are the people I avoid. Things are not perfect here, far from it, but you can have some quality of life if you make it happen. If you don't really want to be here do yourself a favor and find a way to leave, life is short and offers many many choices, make good ones for yourself or you will regret it when you are old and can't do things for yourself.

What I've seen happen so many times is people come here, and they are first in the "Honeymoon" phase. Once that wears off and reality sets in, those who are flexible deal with things but still maintain their composure, others who are unflexible and unopenminded become bitter and radiate lots of negative energy - those are the people I avoid. Things are not perfect here, far from it, but you can have some quality of life if you make it happen. If you don't really want to be here do yourself a favor and find a way to leave, life is short and offers many many choices, make good ones for yourself or you will regret it when you are old and can't do things for yourself.

I enjoy Buenos Aires immensely but, if I had no other alternative, I might feel almost incarcerated. As long as I can come and go at will, it's great.

I think it'd be more than fair to distinguish between expats and baexpats, namely denizens of this forum.

I know for a fact that there are a whole lot of expats enjoying their life here (not necessarily enjoying *here*, enjoying *their life* which happens to be situated here), and refrain from spending too much time here because of the poor useful-content-to-bitching ratio.

I think it'd be more than fair to distinguish between expats and baexpats, namely denizens of this forum.

I know for a fact that there are a whole lot of expats enjoying their life here (not necessarily enjoying *here*, enjoying *their life* which happens to be situated here), and refrain from spending too much time here because of the poor useful-content-to-bitching ratio.

Well, then, perhaps that's their loss. There's a lot of useful content in the forum and it's easy to use the ignore function to weed out the "beeches" as well as those who all too often make little more than one line posts about themselves.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
camel Travellers Stories 9
Back