Why Are Baexpaters So Negative? The Poll

Why are BAexpaters so Negative?

• Lack of sex

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • The're constipated from eating Fugazzeta every day.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • They started off positive but the Force was too strong and pulled them in the other direction

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • They were born as Trolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lack of maple syrup and kale

• No IHOPs or Chick-fil-As in Argentina

• The're not negative, just realistic

• Total voters
for some of us, there will never be an 'adapting' to mediocrity.

ToastedWaves, I I can say without any hesitation that it's people like you that make life unpleasant. Truly, there are issues with this country that leave a lot to be desired and most locals will tell you that, but people like you baffle me. Let me ask you something, how are. you not mediocre? do you really believe that having beenborn, by pure chance, in a country that enjoys a highdr standard of living, somehow gives you a right to look down on others, to brag? How? Let me put it this way. Do you think that if you had died in the womb, the U.S. would be any different? I STRONGLY doubt that. We should brag and act proud (hopefully without disparagibg others) over things we have actually accomplished!

Well said David!

What I've seen happen so many times is people come here, and they are first in the "Honeymoon" phase. Once that wears off and reality sets in, those who are flexible deal with things but still maintain their composure, others who are unflexible and unopenminded become bitter and radiate lots of negative energy - those are the people I avoid. Things are not perfect here, far from it, but you can have some quality of life if you make it happen. If you don't really want to be here do yourself a favor and find a way to leave, life is short and offers many many choices, make good ones for yourself or you will regret it when you are old and can't do things for yourself.

The problem must be that most expats come from countries where it is 100% safe, where there is no crime and no corruption, where food is healthy, excellent and always 100% authentic, where everybody is always friendly and nobody needs antidepressants, where everybody is well educated, earns well and is at least member of the middle class (the rest must be bums), where healthcare is of excellent quality and affordable for all, where education is excellent and there is no such thing as student loan debt, where everybody is aware of all the traffic laws and drives like an angel, where the local industry is so competitive that they have no fear of unemployment, etc. etc. etc.

Almost fell for that germano

Lets be fair - Argentina is one of the hardest countries in the world to live in. Not quite Somalia or North Korea but we aren't far behind Venezuela in the instability stakes. This has to explain why despite Argentina's resources, natural beauty and space millions arent flocking every year to Argentina like they used to 100 years ago. I say abit of moaning is natural and ok but also got to enjoy the positives - of which there are many. I find myself being very critical of Argentina but also find myself feeling relieved that I live here and not in my native country. Just need abit (alot) more money to cushion me.

Compare whingeing BAexpaters with ie British expats in Australia who complain about the heat or that they cant get marmite ('whingeing poms'). These people really should be publicly executed.

My answer to the poll...
Sheer frustration and exhaustion from trying to find good ethnic food!!!

If you're not happy, make a change. There are opportunities elsewhere in Argentina, even elsewhere in the world. I have no problem with some complaining, but I can't imagine staying anywhere where I was truly miserable...unless some of the baexpats are in jail?!?

Compare whingeing BAexpaters with ie British expats in Australia who complain about the heat or that they cant get marmite ('whingeing poms'). These people really should be publicly executed.

Actually, they should be put on a diet of Vegemite and water (which may amount to the same thing).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
camel Travellers Stories 9
Back