Why Argentina over other countries?

Extraordinary that four of the top 50 cities are in the US.

Extraordinary that four of the top 50 cities are in the US.

Also every one of them is a run by Democrats. The only surprise for me is that Chicago (my home town...) didn't make the cut. The top five cities on the list are literal war zones at the moment, yet they aren't too much worse than the highest ranking US city, which is St. Louis.

Also every one of them is a run by Democrats. The only surprise for me is that Chicago (my home town...) didn't make the cut. The top five cities on the list are literal war zones at the moment, yet they aren't too much worse than the highest ranking US city, which is St. Louis.
These USA cities all share common demographics as well. NOT THAT DEMOGRAPHICS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Ever. Nothing to see here.

These USA cities all share common demographics as well. NOT THAT DEMOGRAPHICS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING. Ever. Nothing to see here.

That's one way to look at at. Another is that crime tends to be concentrated in low income areas, usually means communities of color, whose residents also make up the majority of the the victims. Correlation is not causation, as they say.

If you want to talk about overall violence per capita, the Red states win in that category hands down. The rape capital of the USA is Alaska, for instance.

Reactions: Moe
That's one way to look at at. Another is that crime tends to be concentrated in low income areas, usually means communities of color, whose residents also make up the majority of the the victims. Correlation is not causation, as they say.

If you want to talk about overall violence per capita, the Red states win in that category hands down. The rape capital of the USA is Alaska, for instance.
Maybe.

Everyplace is a roll of the dice. Mexico much more so. And I'm in Mexico City right now. Avoid if possible.

List of cities by murder rate

Interesting.

Incredible really that with the exception of South Africa only cities from the American continent are present. And I would also have expected El Salvador the cut. A couple of years ago it was always high in the charts. Not sure whether the data is incorrect or situation has improved there.

The violence and social problems of Baltimore was the stage for the greatest TV show ever. The Wire!
At the risk of changing the subject (the thread is already off topic), I have heard this and if I live long enough, have got this series on my must watch list. How would you rate it against the Sopranos, which to me so far is the best US series I've ever watched?

At the risk of changing the subject (the thread is already off topic), I have heard this and if I live long enough, have got this series on my must watch list. How would you rate it against the Sopranos, which to me so far is the best US series I've ever watched?
Well, definitely off topic; but here my answer before the Admin is stepping in:

The Wire is for me the clear #1, followed by Sopranos (#2), then with some distance - in no order - El Patron del Mal, Fargo, True Detective (certainly first season), Breaking Bad.

Back