Why Argentina over other countries?

TO be fair prices aren't staying the same... Businesses are doing their best to increase prices in line with the blue dollar rate. Houses included
To be completely honest, I understand it (Pricing pressures.) and I have no problem with it.

A person who can easily afford something (me) has no right to be upset over prices rising. Otherwise, I will become what I am turned off by ... A CHEAPSKATE! Stingy people are repulsive to me. SICKENING to a point.

To be completely honest, I understand it (Pricing pressures.) and I have no problem with it.

A person who can easily afford something (me) has no right to be upset over prices rising. Otherwise, I will become what I am turned off by ... A CHEAPSKATE! Stingy people are repulsive to me. SICKENING to a point.
After all for some of us the supermarket expenses constitute a small small part of the budget..? so if it goes up 20 % , no sweat..!

I think being stingy, paying to the value of an item, and understanding where the market may be trying to rip you off are different.

In Argentina, especially for those earning in dollars, how can they complain if prices are on the rise? It is not even a question of being able to afford it or not. Yesterday I took an Uber, it was probably 3 to 4km, or however far it is from Velez stadium to Cuencan/Nogoya. For that trip I paid a grand total of 183 pesos, which is what just over one dollar? I think it would take someone out of touch with reality to be in any way upset about price increases. I see at as the prices going up to reflect the true value of things. The problem being, many locals will get pinched along the way.

Now, having no right to be upset over a rising price because one can easily afford it is something different. I follow the smartphone world closely. Five years ago, a flagship device cost around $600-$700 but these days they cost upwards of $1,000. I can afford to buy the latest "whatever" from "Brand X" but I am still upset about the price increase over the years because I think it's the companies simply doing it because they can. I am not a cheapskate for not buying those $1,000 devices, nor am I one for being upset by what I think is market trickery.

Moaning about having to pay 20% more for a loaf of bread when the value of your dollar income has increased 50% in a year (or whatever the numbers may be), sure.

After all for some of us the supermarket expenses constitute a small small part of the budget..? so if it goes up 20 % , no sweat..!
Rich One,

I am terribly blessed and I know that. But at the same time, I am self made, no one handed me anything. And what makes my situation all the more astounding is that I did not lie, cheat or steal to end up where I am. Having said that ... I don't care if prices go up 10 fold over night, it won't affect me in the least little way. I know it will crush others and I am both sorry for that as well as hoping it doesn't happen, but that is the way it is for me.

I just don't care because I view money as a tool and the tool stays behind when I have to die.

I think being stingy, paying to the value of an item, and understanding where the market may be trying to rip you off are different.

In Argentina, especially for those earning in dollars, how can they complain if prices are on the rise? It is not even a question of being able to afford it or not. Yesterday I took an Uber, it was probably 3 to 4km, or however far it is from Velez stadium to Cuencan/Nogoya. For that trip I paid a grand total of 183 pesos, which is what just over one dollar? I think it would take someone out of touch with reality to be in any way upset about price increases. I see at as the prices going up to reflect the true value of things. The problem being, many locals will get pinched along the way.

Now, having no right to be upset over a rising price because one can easily afford it is something different. I follow the smartphone world closely. Five years ago, a flagship device cost around $600-$700 but these days they cost upwards of $1,000. I can afford to buy the latest "whatever" from "Brand X" but I am still upset about the price increase over the years because I think it's the companies simply doing it because they can. I am not a cheapskate for not buying those $1,000 devices, nor am I one for being upset by what I think is market trickery.

Moaning about having to pay 20% more for a loaf of bread when the value of your dollar income has increased 50% in a year (or whatever the numbers may be), sure.
In principal, I agree with you. There is a huge difference between knowing value, or the value of something. Or the price to performance sweet spot if you will. I seek it from time to time, not always, but sometimes. Only an idiot wouldn't notice something like that or a person who exudes wealth and could care less.

I may not necessarily be thinking of just Argentina when I post about finances etc ... I have EE UU in mind as well. And with respect to buying power, I have always had one general thought: You can only get so far spending less. A person needs to increase their earnings. Spending less is good. Taking in more than you can spend is superior. That is the way I have always viewed it.

It's not necessarily a gem, although it depends on how you define a gem city, but it's nice to visit. We were in Ensenada, Baja California. It's a port town, with a large bay. You can live in the city, which is not my preference, or 30 minutes away, where no one bothers you and the coastline is all yours.

It's not necessarily a gem, although it depends on how you define a gem city, but it's nice to visit. We were in Ensenada, Baja California. It's a port town, with a large bay. You can live in the city, which is not my preference, or 30 minutes away, where no one bothers you and the coastline is all yours.

Wonder if it's safe in Ensenada , as I recall Tijuana not to far away was not safe recently...?

How safe is Ensenada? I don’t know but two weeks ago I was in Carmel and never saw a policeman or even a homeless person. In Ensenada I did see several large pickup trucks or kind of armored vehicles driving around, with a person in uniform standing on the top of the vehicle holding what looked like a super machine gun (sorry, I have no experience or knowledge of guns). I guess that tells us something about safety. On the other hand, people claim bsas is relatively safe, but I see cops everywhere in that city.

Back