Why do you choose Argentina?

All I know is there is nowhere in the US similar to the slum built under the bridges near Aeroparque in BA.

You guys are acting like someone is forcing people to live in high cost of living areas in the states. Yes expensive places exist, are you forced to live there, no. It's a personal choice to suffer at the hands of high cost of living when there are many cheaper areas to live.

All I know is there is nowhere in the US similar to the slum built under the bridges near Aeroparque in BA.

You guys are acting like someone is forcing people to live in high cost of living areas in the states. Yes expensive places exist, are you forced to live there, no. It's a personal choice to suffer at the hands of high cost of living when there are many cheaper areas to live.
There are thousands of people living in tents and card board boxes on the streets of Los Angeles. When you are homeless and penniless, where exactly are you supposed to go?

There are thousands of people living in tents and card board boxes on the streets of Los Angeles. When you are homeless and penniless, where exactly are you supposed to go?
Generational poverty is what leads to actual poverty structures being built. Families grow up in those villas. People in cardboard boxes aren't living a permanent life of poverty or don't try to raise generations of families in them.

Generational poverty is what leads to actual poverty structures being built. Families grow up in those villas. People in cardboard boxes aren't living a permanent life of poverty or don't try to raise generations of families in them.
I'd love to take you for a drive through Oakland sometime, and we'll fix that delusion.

This thread is dollar earning expats telling Argentines that the US is extremely expensive with little social net, so if you can't make it there it's understandable due to the economic structure (them the dollar expat in Argentina), but in Argentina even poor Venezuelans and Bolivians can come here and start businesses so if you are having earning problems it's because you're lazy and stupid (you the Argentine).

Their first world privilege and superiority complex is coming through strong.

Reminds me of the thread when people were calling @Fiscal 's Argentine family criminal because they weren't paying their help x 3 the going rate. Remember they know better than you, the Argentine.

Excluding Ceviche, because he's a boss who came from the hood of Kinshasa to mansions in Belgrano

Trying to deny generational poverty in the States is just wrong and ignorant.

Didn't deny it, just said people living in cardboard boxes in LA are not generational poverty.
From what I read in US papers, they are mostly drug addicts and mental patients, kicked out of hospitals. They need medical care more than housing.

And a tent in a LA sidewalk is nowhere comparable to a three story building in Villa 31, with four generations of residents sharing two rooms.

It helps to get the facts straight, and not compare oranges with asparagus.

From what I read in US papers, they are mostly drug addicts and mental patients, kicked out of hospitals. They need medical care more than housing.

And a tent in a LA sidewalk is nowhere comparable to a three story building in Villa 31, with four generations of residents sharing two rooms.

It helps to get the facts straight, and not compare oranges with asparagus.

Not everyone homeless and on the streets are mentally ill or drug addicts. Minimum wage workers live paycheck to paycheck. One small disaster can put you on the streets. People with full-time jobs live in their cars. A rent raise will put an entire family on the street. I would rather live in a Villa than a cardboard box under the freeway in Los Angeles.

That's why I said "mostly". I agree that many minimum wage workers are living in their cars. Walmart parking lots have become villages.

Back