Why Google Is Saying Adios ...

So if I understand. . . Google could have just sent out an email saying: please do not send us invoices by mail, just destroy them.
It´s not like the AFIP can track down if you sent the invoice or not.

So if I understand. . . Google could have just sent out an email saying: please do not send us invoices by mail, just destroy them.
It´s not like the AFIP can track down if you sent the invoice or not.

Yeah, this email would pass Google's legal counsel approval with flying colors :rolleyes:

On a different note, but related to IT in Argentina, what do you guys think about this:

http://unioninformatica.com.ar/

My own company (not IBM) is having a freakout over the possibilities of unionization. Personally, I think a lot of large companies would pull out of Argentina entirely if IT workers were to unionize. Not that they aren't already

On a different note, but related to IT in Argentina, what do you guys think about this:

http://unioninformatica.com.ar/

My own company (not IBM) is having a freakout over the possibilities of unionization. Personally, I think a lot of large companies would pull out of Argentina entirely if IT workers were to unionize. Not that they aren't already

Yeah big corporations hate a fair deal for workers.

I work for a very big corporation.
The workforce is not unionized
We are EXTREMELY well treated by our employer. So well treated to the point sometimes of being embarrassing.
I don't want a union anywhere near us.

Unions destroy jobs - they make the labour price so high that make the return on investment inadequate, so the company goes somewhere else and/or outsources. The unions did some fantastic things over the journey, but in todas globalised society they dont really have much of a place.

Workers can be taken advantage of by owners/management if those workers don't have a voice. Owners/management can be taken advantage of by workers if the owners/management don't have a voice. Argentina is clearly, and firmly, in the second category. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to have their head surgically removed from their ass.

This was an interesting article. However, if you are a developer, it doesn't mean you have to quit. Foreigners can get ITIN numbers and then go open a bank account in the USA. You can then get paid by google in dollars in the account in the USA. This is what I would have done in the first place.

Unions destroy jobs - they make the labour price so high that make the return on investment inadequate, so the company goes somewhere else and/or outsources. The unions did some fantastic things over the journey, but in todas globalised society they dont really have much of a place.

"The AFL-CIO’s average CEO-to-worker multiple at big U.S. companies is 357. Bloomberg’s average ratio for Standard & Poor’s 500 companies is 204; the average of the top 100 companies on our table is 495. That is, CEOs of the companies on that table averaged 495 times the income of nonsupervisory workers in their industries.)"

Souce: businessweek[dot]com 2 may 2013

Excessive wages do appear to be a problem, indeed...remind me which union are the CEOs part of again?

Back