Why I am not planning on taking the vaccine any time soon, if ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since Ronald Reagan's "Government is the problem" for 50 years public services had been systematically dismantled piece by piece. Today it is reality. A wish come true "Government today is the problem". 555,000 death is a testament to Government Public Authorities and Officials handling of COVID. They didn´t even hesitate to lie about the simplest mediocre issue of "masks". What rocket science, DNA, Bells&whistles did they need for a lousy "mask"? I can´t with straight face accept any recommendations from any unfit inept authority. None.

Last edited:
A system that is not in the business of public health, is unfit to recommend experts on public health.

Last edited:
At this point 100 M in the US have been jabbed and many I know. A minute number of deaths have been reported after vaccination in comparison and they may or may not have had anything to do with the vaccine. Both my parents and mother in law in Argentina all jabbed with only effects after the second dose. We are thanks to social media and politics for idiots suffering so many quacks it is insane. But let the miss guided suffering from Dunning Kruger have a platform on social media and a percentage of the herd jumps off the cliff.

As far as I am concerned as soon as I can I am getting it and it is not so much about me as taking the weight off the front line medical workers. One of which last week told me they were standing waste deep in dead bodies. The issue with this virus is not the mortality percentages as it is the way, speed and effectiveness with which it infects. That results in over whelming medical infrastructures and people that work in medical.

As far as I am concerned conspiracies are for quacks with simple minds at this point. I see it like this, getting the vaccination is part of the best effort I can make to help and protect the front line medical workers that are doing everything they can to protect us.

And yes there are break threw cases after vaccination but that is also perfectly normal and to be expected. Yet even these cases are more mild than normal or A symptomatic.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and choices but the people on the front line have little choice and are putting their lives on the line far more than any of us. Front line workers most certainly deserve us taking every precaution including the vaccine even if there is perceived risk (which as I see it is not there) to hopefully get the load of work and mental anguish off them as soon as possible. And the economies up and back online ASAP as well. IMHO.

Just over 2 weeks ago I got the 2nd Moderna shot. Had a sore arm and fever for a day. I haven't been in Argentina since February last year, and I'm about ready to come back and visit. I wonder if my vaccine card will make any difference.

Just over 2 weeks ago I got the 2nd Moderna shot. Had a sore arm and fever for a day. I haven't been in Argentina since February last year, and I'm about ready to come back and visit. I wonder if my vaccine card will make any difference.
Not yet... Will take a short while before vaccination 'passports' become law.. What is stupid is that the vaccine doesn't provide life long protection so next they will have to put expiry dates on them.

Apparently we'll get info tomorrow

Did you follow Dr Faucis no mask required statement at the start of the pandemic? Or the WHO claim that the virus can't pass between people?
Did you not understand what NOVEL coronavirus meant? It was NEW, not a NYT bestseller. Much needed to be understood about how it was transmitted and how contagious it was. As more information came in the guidelines changed. Pandemics are funny like that.

The cruel truth is that anti-vaxxers benefit from the community-minded actions of those who do get the vaccine. All that self righteousness is really just selfishness. If you’re worried about the speed of the vaccine development, take some time and read through this article. You may not agree with the New Yorker’s editorial slant, but it’s the best researched magazine out there.

The cruel truth is that anti-vaxxers benefit from the community-minded actions of those who do get the vaccine. All that self righteousness is really just selfishness. If you’re worried about the speed of the vaccine development, take some time and read through this article. You may not agree with the New Yorker’s editorial slant, but it’s the best researched magazine out there.

Well yeah, it's basic game theory. If everyone else gets vaxxed, you get the benefit without the risks.

I wouldn't brand it as selfishness across the board though. I see many of the people who were worried and warning about the coronavirus before anyone else took it seriously, like Steve, also wary about the vaccine. Some have more inherit distrust of institutions than others, which in the past years has proven to be fruitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back