Why I'm An Anti-Anti-Zionist

I think the US should invite Israelis and Palestinians to live in America too, in fact they do so. But why can't say, Saudi Arabia which is always in such need of labour and population, invite a few million Palestinians to their sacred land too?

I think the US should invite Israelis and Palestinians to live in America too, in fact they do so. But why can't say, Saudi Arabia which is always in such need of labour and population, invite a few million Palestinians to their sacred land too?

According to your logic, all Christians should be living in Jerusalem as well.

My mistake about Jordan, I should have been more explicit: Why doesn't, or rather, didn't Jordan taken in all the Palestinians, or CisJordanians, when the time was appropriate instead of forcing them to undergo a diaspora?
Palestinians were given the choice to stay in Palestine and become Israeli citizens. Many did and now count as the first Arabs in the middle east who could vote regularly.

Why didn't Britain take all the Palestinian refugees? They have more resources than Jordan and it was their bone-headed clusterfuck that cause the situation in the first place.

My last comment on this soon-to-be-deleted thread is this: Anyone who seriously wants to understand to root of the conflict between Israel and Palestine needs to learn about the history of the Ottoman empire (where Jews, Christians, and Arabs lived in relative piece) and the absolute chaos created by the British, French, and Americans at the end of WWI.

All discussion of the US, Israel, and Palestine is after the fact.

My last comment on this soon-to-be-deleted thread is this: Anyone who seriously wants to understand to root of the conflict between Israel and Palestine needs to learn about the history of the Ottoman empire (where Jews, Christians, and Arabs lived in relative piece) and the absolute chaos created by the British, French, and Americans at the end of WWI.

You said a mouthful there, buddy. Like how, under the Soviet Empire, the Czechs, Slovakians, Chechens, Ukrainians, Turkmenians, Serbs, Bosnians, etc, etc, all got along ........ An iron fist can maintain order very well.

[background=rgb(252, 250, 231)]"The Arabs? The Howitat, Ajili, Rala, Beni Saha; these I know, I have even heard of the Harif, but the Arabs? What tribe is that?"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 250, 231)]Blowing one's brains out is easier than trying to figure some things.[/background]

Because the Saudis apparently prefer Filipinos?

So, Israel has prevented Saudi Arabia from becoming a democracy?

No, that would be the United States. The dictatorial harsh regime of Saudi Arabia holds power because they're our allies and because we have the petro dollar agreement. But this is nothing new. The US will always look the other way when it suits their interests. Hypocrisy at its best.

And no limits on the surrounding Muslims, who wish all Jews - ALL Jews, not just those in Israel - dead?

This is exactly the kind of fear based propaganda that the media runs with and that Israel uses as its justification to commit genocide against the Palestinians. Extremists exist on both sides, it's just that one side is much better at manipulating public perception because of their vast control of the media.

Why didn't Britain take all the Palestinian refugees? They have more resources than Jordan and it was their bone-headed clusterfuck that cause the situation in the first place.

All discussion of the US, Israel, and Palestine is after the fact.

The 1929 Hebron massacre was caused by Britain how?

No, you just managed to touch at the reality but then kept moving in parallel: you seem to conceive of the Ottoman Empire as the way things ought to have been, disrupted to the point of no return by them Western powers.

As a Jew, who knows just a teeny bit of our history in Ottoman times as well, I'm not sure whose paradise exactly that was. The well-being and physical safety of the Jews was subject to the whims and caprices of any number of people. Some basic info on Wikipedia. Head taxes, pogroms, massacres, you name it. I will offer one quote:

Benny Morris writes that one symbol of Jewish degradation was the phenomenon of stone-throwing at Jews by Muslim children. Morris quotes a 19th-century traveler:
I have seen a little fellow of six years old, with a troop of fat toddlers of only three and four, teaching [them] to throw stones at a Jew, and one little urchin would, with the greatest coolness, waddle up to the man and literally spit upon his Jewish gaberdine. To all this the Jew is obliged to submit; it would be more than his life was worth to offer to strike a Mahommedan.

What this also makes obvious, inter alia, is that there were Jews in Israel before and throughout the Ottoman period. Jews never fully abandoned the land of Israel after their wholesale butchery and expulsion in Roman times. At all times there were Jews who were willing to forego all and settle in the land they held dear. They were not moving because of Zionism, or the Balfour Declaration which was centuries away from being proclaimed. They certainly were not moving for a better life.

So it is rich to talk about the Palestinians' (a purely British concept, there was no such country nor such an identity before the British Mandate) expulsion, without speaking of the corresponding Jewish expulsion from Arab lands in '48. I don't hear a lot of people making a big deal of that. It is rich to ignore the Arabs' call in '48 for Arabs to evacuate Israel so as to make it easier to destroy the Jews. It is rich to allow these people to be in camps 70 years later and dare mention Israel. A lot is rich in this story in terms of what is and isn't talked about.

Back