Why is everybody complaining?

Well said, VENTANILLA.

However, I think most expats are not rich. On the contrary, they are people of limited means who moved here expecting to live like well-off people.

See the endless threads about how to get this or that cheaply. And how to enjoy what Buenos Aires offers for free; i.e. free concerts, free or very inexpensive medical care, etc.

Well said, VENTANILLA.

However, I think most expats are not rich. On the contrary, they are people of limited means who moved here expecting to live like well-off people.

See the endless threads about how to get this or that cheaply. And how to enjoy what Buenos Aires offers for free; i.e. free concerts, free or very inexpensive medical care, etc.
Right, a lot of people from first world countries leave their countries when they retire since their pensions can go much further abroad. They can live comfortably in a country like Argentina, but they're still on a fixed budget.

Majority of expats are here for reasons indifferent to government, economy, politics, etc.

Complainers are the few obsessed with government, economy, etc. Expecting and demanding first-class living on a $500 budget.

For the record, I don't complain much about living here. I love living here because EVERYTHING I love is here. Having said that, I think anybody has the right to complain if they want, and that those complaints are not invalid just because of where they came from. Also, at no point did I say my budget was $500. It's $600.

It's hard for me to care about anything, let alone economy or government. It's a condition, unfortunately.

Well.
Embellished $500.
Let´s not push it.

And that includes hydro, water, gas, expensas, and the kitchen sink .... wow ... it´s a steal.
I really think you should topple this low IQ government.

Last edited:
Above was sarcasm.
Speak for myself, I´m not entitled or have any moral right to anything.
Will call it a day.

Last edited:
Well said, VENTANILLA.

Well compared to the average Argentine they're certainly well off. I guess they just hate the country but like the prices, though there's much cheaper places to live still..

Well said, VENTANILLA.

I'm always unsure if people would recommend (expensive) private medical insurance or not: I live a healthy/very healthy lifestyle and have no chronic health issues so have never used local medics except for dentistry, but is the free medical service adequate? I don't mind waiting say a couple of hours in hospital queue but as local people seem to accept waiting an hour even in a bank for basic service I wonder if this would be a severe underestimate? People say the doctors here are very well trained and professional (ie no bribes required!). Any advice? ps not sure if extranjeros qualify for full medical care?

Back