Why no canned meat?

As of today, I think the local product that would most likely taste like canned beef or spam is Swift Picadillo de Carne ( it is a spread though )

Let's not Forget Bovril an OXXO the meat juice concentrate... Was great produced in Arg? and Uruguay... Not available any more?

The only good thing I have to say about Bovril is that it's not quite as disgusting as Marmite or Vegemite.

And frankly, Rich One, I am surprised that a gourmand such as yourself would even mention such culinary abominations.

As of today, I think the local product that would most likely taste like canned beef or spam is Swift Picadillo de Carne ( it is a spread though )

This is also gross. God only knows what goes into that, and I wouldn't care to speculate.

The only good thing I have to say about Bovril is that it's not quite as disgusting as Marmite or Vegemite.

And frankly, Rich One, I am surprised that a gourmand such as yourself would even mention such culinary abominations.

This is also gross. God only knows what goes into that, and I wouldn't care to speculate.
It is just chopped bits of the animal. They surely use all of it. Just like what they do with hot dogs,nuggets,burgers, etc some chemicals, tons of salt and voila!

Aluminum is expensive. Canned everything in Argentina is disappearing.

Even in the western countries I think canned meat is going the way of the dodo. I'm pretty sureure my parents have eaten canned meat before, but I've never tried it myself. I know of spam, but there's an "ick" element there and I've never tried it. I'm from the Bay Area though, and people do eat that stuff in Hawaii, and possibly Minnesota, etc.

Even in the western countries I think canned meat is going the way of the dodo. I'm pretty sureure my parents have eaten canned meat before, but I've never tried it myself. I know of spam, but there's an "ick" element there and I've never tried it. I'm from the Bay Area though, and people do eat that stuff in Hawaii, and possibly Minnesota, etc.

Spam is gross, yeah. Good quality corned beef isn't ground meat. It's solid chunks of beef.
The best canned meat ever was the old Canadian back bacon in a can. That stuff was really good.

Spam is gross, yeah. Good quality corned beef isn't ground meat. It's solid chunks of beef.
The best canned meat ever was the old Canadian back bacon in a can. That stuff was really good.

Spam is a staple in S. Korea, used for stews , a remnant of the Korean War. In In the US Hawaii is numero 1 followed by Minnesota in SPAM consumption.

Some folks love Canned Ham .. not Bad..! To learn about processed meats read the article below.

anyone ever try this abomination? :)

images

Back