Why would anyone come to this country in this century?

Because its cheap in Latin America. Argentina is a legitimate choice.

Money I got left would last me 2 years in the US. Here, I can probably go for an extra 4 years.

As simple as that.

So most of people and are basically living with forgein money (I'm not sure how you do avoid a lot of taxes nightmares or get to avoid your money be converted into pesos considering our shitty policies, that's interesting), not actually moving to earn here. I guess it makes sense, but I wouldn't really come here even if I earnt in EUR because I just hate this country too much to the point that if I leave I will never ever come back. I don't have any friends or anything anyways so I wouldn't really miss anything. And I haven't studied IT or something that could allow me to get a remote work, so idk how I could do that anyway, it would be better try to find a way to get an EU citizenship from my italian or german ancestors and leave (it's pretty sad to think that they about 100 years ago thought this country was a better option unironically than theirs for their descendants, it's like a cruel irony)

So most of people and are basically living with forgein money (I'm not sure how you do avoid a lot of taxes nightmares or get to avoid your money be converted into pesos considering our shitty policies, that's interesting), not actually moving to earn here. I guess it makes sense, but I wouldn't really come here even if I earnt in EUR because I just hate this country too much to the point that if I leave I will never ever come back. I don't have any friends or anything anyways so I wouldn't really miss anything. And I haven't studied IT or something that could allow me to get a remote work, so idk how I could do that anyway, it would be better try to find a way to get an EU citizenship from my italian or german ancestors and leave (it's pretty sad to think that they about 100 years ago thought this country was a better option unironically than theirs for their descendants, it's like a cruel irony)
This country has failed its youth and that may be an unforgivable sin.

I think you've found some honest answers to your questions, though I am sure they are not fully satisfying.....

Keep working on your genealogy and I suspect you'll find your way. Wishing you every good thing.

I would advise to have a clear plan of what type of work you'd like to do in Europe and be sure that there could be opportunities for you.

I know a few Argentinians that have developed a successful career in Europe but for every one of those cases there is a case of someone getting on a plane believing that Europe is the promise land only to end up working all hours of the day in a restaurant for minimum wage while paying 600 EURS a month for a bedroom...

Hi everyone, well in my case I'm from Venezuela arrived to Argentina 4 months ago, Argentina surprise me is a nice country to live, i love the food and the Argentina's accents, when I'm walking in the street heard Argentinas talking about the bad situation in his countries but I think this contries has a lot of future,I hope it stay like this. Also I want to practice my english for that reason I sign up in the forum. Bye

Hi everyone, well in my case I'm from Venezuela arrived to Argentina 4 months ago, Argentina surprise me is a nice country to live, i love the food and the Argentina's accents, when I'm walking in the street heard Argentinas talking about the bad situation in his countries but I think this contries has a lot of future,I hope it stay like this. Also I want to practice my english for that reason I sign up in the forum. Bye

I can see that someone comming from Venezuela finds Argentina to be a Paradise..!

I know a few Argentinians that have developed a successful career in Europe but for every one of those cases there is a case of someone getting on a plane believing that Europe is the promise land only to end up working all hours of the day in a restaurant for minimum wage while paying 600 EURS a month for a bedroom...
Minimum wage in Europe is much better than the average one in Argentina tbh and they don't have to worry with the inflation and salaries never catching on, that's why they rather living that way than staying in Argentina. You can have a better life as a worker in Europe than as a professional in Argentina (unless you are very highly qualified, very specific career or work for an international company, but not everyone can do that) as salaries in Europe pretty often are more balanced. Maybe it's true that in the US that's not the case ,as the US is better for people who earns a lot, and people with low resources can suffer much more.
That's not a surprise for someone from Venezuela. I think that Argentina, Chile and Uruguay are probably the best places to live in all latin america, but they still suck to me. And I also have a lot of trauma and personal hatred towards this country, I don't care about being rich, I just want to leave this place that only makes me bitter.

Argentina atm is seeing a boom of new expats especially in the Patagonia region and Salta region . These are the fastest growing regions of Argentina now . In San Carlos de Bariloche there are now no long term rentals available due to huge demand and very little offer . I have lived in this gorgeous city now for over 2 years and its been booming here for the last 6 months . The reason why Argentina attracts expats are many but this is my take . Its very familiar for european and USA people and is much less of a culture shock than the North of South America . The cost of living for quality is amongst the best of Latin America . You can eat superbly for less than US$ 10 and I mean high quality steak and even more fancy meals . The diversity of scenery in Argentina is unique in the world from the worlds most beautiful water falls , to the impressive glaciars of El Calafate to the lakes district of Patagonia . Then you have the beautiful northern provinces that are truely unique with their own identity . Every province of Argentina is for me another culture even in Patagonia crossing the border from Rio Negro to Neuquen down to Chubut , Santa Cruz and then Tierra del Fuego every province has its own identity and feeling . So many beautiful towns in Patagonia perfect for living that can offer for those who want to escape the mayhem of the current world a beautiful quality of life Crime is low down here but of course it has deteoriated the last years with the massive devaluation of the peso and the very long pandemic . Now we have turned a corner and I feel that the economic situation can improve- Argentina teaches one patience and also hope !

Last edited:
Welcome to the modern world. If you think this is not the case in most so called modern countries, you are kidding yourself. Find me an American millennial that can name the current vice president, but you can be sure they can name every single Kardashian. There is not a city in the States that's doesn't have streets full of homeless people.
Come on now, I'm an American millennial and can't tell you a thing about the Kardashians, but if you want to know US/Argentine VPs, 20th Century US foreign Policy, Qing political economy in the 19th Century, app support and development, etc. I'm your guy. This is like saying all boomers can name the cast of Leave it to Beaver but don't know how to rotate a PDF or open their email without getting a virus.
Minimum wage in Europe is much better than the average one in Argentina tbh and they don't have to worry with the inflation and salaries never catching on, that's why they rather living that way than staying in Argentina. You can have a better life as a worker in Europe than as a professional in Argentina (unless you are very highly qualified, very specific career or work for an international company, but not everyone can do that) as salaries in Europe pretty often are more balanced. Maybe it's true that in the US that's not the case ,as the US is better for people who earns a lot, and people with low resources can suffer much more.
This is a common thing I see Argentines say, but it's only a lot of money here. The minimum wage in Germany is 1,584.00 EUR/month which is nothing for a developed country; you'd be living poverty there. You also wouldn't have your family or friends, and since Ireland is the only English speaking country still in the EU, you'd be competing with millions of native speakers and locals for jobs that are already hard to come by for young people.

If you want to move to Europe because you're poor here, I hate to be the one to break it to you but you're gone be poor there too, except without your family or friends. To move to Europe, in addition to needing the legal right to stay there, being able to speak the language, and geting a job, you're going to need money to both get there physically and get setup.

Let's say 750 EUR for the flight, 2,500 EUR for 1st month's rent and last month's rent, 1,500 EUR for food, phone, transit, furniture or personal goods/work clothes, etc. You're looking at about 5K EUR, which is $1,137,473 pesos; not to sound rude, but I assume you don't have a million pesos saved up, so even if you had the citizenship, spoke French, German, Italian, etc. and found a job, how would you get there? These are things people never seem to take in to consideration.

Back