Why would anyone come to this country in this century?

If one has money in Argentina there lives can be very first world with stunning countries and mansions in gated communities . Here in Bariloche there is tremendous wealth in many places and the most exclusive country of Argentina is here called Aralaquen . There the condo fees are close to 100000 pesos per month . Along the kms as they are called here the mansions that one sees on the lake front are some of the most exclusive properties in the country and they can be sold for many millions of dollars . Bariloche also has terrible slums and misery and in the Alto as it called here its a very grim existense . The social divide here is very obvious and this is within a very short walk from the centre you feel you are in another city . The same can be said for many cities of Argentina especially Rosario and Buenos Aires where the social differences are inmense . If one lives in Palermo Nuevo and then goes to La Matanza its a more extreme difference than in Europe or the United States . It saddens me that in the last few years how this country has become more socially divided with the poor much poorer and the rich more richer . Ironically with a peronist government this has happened . If Macri was in power now there would have been huge social upheaval !

Who knew that in this period of inflation your best investment could have been in pre-charged Sube cards?

Sube.jpeg

Argentina is tremendously diverse and for those who can make a living here outside of the system it is one of the best countries of the world to live in . This is one of my favourite commercials of all time from Aerolineas Argentina

Argentina is tremendously diverse and for those who can make a living here outside of the system it is one of the best countries of the world to live in . This is one of my favourite commercials of all time from Aerolineas Argentina

Thanks for reminding me. I hate snow. When does the first snowflake drop? That's when my 3 month vacation starts lol

Thanks for reminding me. I hate snow. When does the first snowflake drop? That's when my 3 month vacation starts lol
You may have a long time to wait to take that vacation.

The last time it snowed in Buenos Aires was July 9, 2007, eighty-nine years after the previous snowfall in 1918.

So, if your vacation depends on snow falling in BA, you might want to consider making funeral arrangements instead of travel plans. 🤠

If one has money in Argentina there lives can be very first world with stunning countries and mansions in gated communities . Here in Bariloche there is tremendous wealth in many places and the most exclusive country of Argentina is here called Aralaquen . There the condo fees are close to 100000 pesos per month . Along the kms as they are called here the mansions that one sees on the lake front are some of the most exclusive properties in the country and they can be sold for many millions of dollars . Bariloche also has terrible slums and misery and in the Alto as it called here its a very grim existense . The social divide here is very obvious and this is within a very short walk from the centre you feel you are in another city . The same can be said for many cities of Argentina especially Rosario and Buenos Aires where the social differences are inmense . If one lives in Palermo Nuevo and then goes to La Matanza its a more extreme difference than in Europe or the United States . It saddens me that in the last few years how this country has become more socially divided with the poor much poorer and the rich more richer . Ironically with a peronist government this has happened . If Macri was in power now there would have been huge social upheaval !
I live in a working class barrio. Nothing fancy. But I have a very good life here on my US social security. In the States, I would be way under the poverty line.

You may have a long time to wait to take that vacation.

The last time it snowed in Buenos Aires was July 9, 2007, eighty-nine years after the previous snowfall in 1918.

So, if your vacation depends on snow falling in BA, you might want to consider making funeral arrangements instead of travel plans. 🤠
Argh I remember that year, I was in Santiago, Chile, it was the first time in 40 years that it had snowed in the city centre, and it was the year Argentina turned off the gas supply to Chile. And I have pix of snow falling over the Escuela Militar to prove it. Brrr.

I wanted to know why the hell would someone come to this country during this century, I would understand it 100 years ago but now?
100 years ago immigrants cut all ties with their home country and pursue their dream in new country.

Today expats in Argentina predominantly remain plugged into economic system of their home country.
Not the same as century ago.

100 years ago immigrants cut all ties with their home country and pursue their dream in new country.

Today expats in Argentina predominantly remain plugged into economic system of their home country.
Not the same as century ago.
So there is a decline in the quality of immigrants because they retain their homeland customs and, therefore, don't propel their new country forward? I'm wondering if this is universally applied or just for the specific case of Argentina.

Also, I think Emilia has exited the building....I see no activity.

Back