Why would anyone come to this country in this century?

Are you living here already? Would you mind sharing where you're from? I think this is an interesting prospective we often forget; as many problems as Argentina has, it truly can always be worse.
i'm from Russia. No, i'm not in Argentina yet, only preparing to move, now i'm in another country. So basically because i always was against Putin and his wars, i can have problems in Russia if i go there, also they are starting mobilization to army with only alternative jail. At the same time because world cancelling all russian citizens from every system and company, i also have problems everywhere else.

i'm from Russia. No, i'm not in Argentina yet, only preparing to move, now i'm in another country. So basically because i always was against Putin and his wars, i can have problems in Russia if i go there, also they are starting mobilization to army with only alternative jail. At the same time because world cancelling all russian citizens from every system and company, i also have problems everywhere else.

I have plenty of Russian or Ukrainian-born Argentinian friends and acquaintances. They all moved here in the mid-to-late 90s, so it's one of the "newer" immigrant communities. In the early 2000s the community owned plenty of locutorios... 😅

Most of the ones I know adapted really well and also did well in their lives in general, which is quite commendable considering they came to Argentina with nothing and not speaking a word of Spanish (or English). I think the culture shock is not that big. I'm surprised at how fluently and natively everyone speaks Rioplatense Spanish, even those who came as 17/18-year-old's.

I have plenty of Russian or Ukrainian-born Argentinian friends and acquaintances. They all moved here in the mid-to-late 90s, so it's one of the "newer" immigrant communities. In the early 2000s the community owned plenty of locutorios... 😅

Most of the ones I know adapted really well and also did well in their lives in general, which is quite commendable considering they came to Argentina with nothing and not speaking a word of Spanish (or English). I think the culture shock is not that big. I'm surprised at how fluently and natively everyone speaks Rioplatense Spanish, even those who came as 17/18-year-old's.
That's good to know! I know english on some level and learning spanish currently, also i work remotely as a freelancer, it will make some things easier.

First of all, I'm not an expat, but I found this forum accidentally and was amazed that people from first world countries come here, so I wanted to know why the hell would someone come to this country during this century, I would understand it 100 years ago but now? I say this as someone who is deseperately trying to find a way to escape this awful place and migrate to Europe (which is extremely hard since I'm not being able to find my Italian and German ancestor documents to get any of these citizenships)
Emilia. If you do not live here and do not want to, why would you care why others do?
What is 3rd world, what makes Argentina 3rd world?
Are there other 3rd world countries in the G20?
I really wanted to live in a 3rd world country, so for me it was a decision between Haiti, Somalia or Argentina.

It seems russian is more similar to spanish than to english for some reason, at least from my experience.
Yes, the phonetics are definitely much more similar. Also certain grammar concepts, such as gendered nouns.

You are not going to have problems being Russian here and, if you want to loose the Russian citizenship, the Argentine Citizenship can be achieved in a few years.

Emilia. If you do not live here and do not want to, why would you care why others do?
What is 3rd world, what makes Argentina 3rd world?
Are there other 3rd world countries in the G20?
I really wanted to live in a 3rd world country, so for me it was a decision between Haiti, Somalia or Argentina.
It was Richard Nixon, he said "There are First world countries, The Western Democracies, Second world, Eastern Block, the rest are third world" So yes that makes Argentina Third World, but not necessarily a bad think.

Back