Wi-Fi Solution For Shared Internet

Ah, yes, welcome to Argentina!

Please do not misunderstand. I am not unsympathetic, and I am not mocking your plight. I am just shaking my head in sad recognition that this sort of thing is all too typical here.

If I had found myself in this situation, I would have asked the engineer that magical question, "como lo arreglamos?", to see if perhaps the application of money might have changed his refusal to help you.
I've been here ten years. I mean, this kind of thing is not new to me, but I don't allow myself to become numb to it because then I just fall in line with the rest.

Yes, I considered wetting his hand with some bills but really he was itching to leave. He took one look at the situation and was basically, "nope". He said it would be too much work for him to report this, I don't know what that work would be. Becoming a witness if the company makes legal proceedings against the building owner, maybe.

I wonder how it will look if a new, registered device (your new modem) would appear if it showed it's plugged into some neighboring line (from where your illegal TV signal might be borrowed from.

Just the scenario that first came to mind.

Not sure your buildings FiberCorp cable carries cable TV, never asked.

BTW, your upload and download readings are mighty decent, IMO, I'd be happy with them.
Wonder if you don't have other issues making traffic worse.

Is your gateway router directly the FC modem or are you using a private, building owned, modem?

Iz

I don’t know about the modem. All I have access to is the coax cable coming through the wall to the TV and the building router a floor above me on a stair landing.

Do you have visual/physical access to the modem?

Do you have access to a PC wired to the network, so you can browse the gateway-s IP (usually 192.168.(0 or 1).1?

Do you understand any of the above?

Canu post a pic of the modem? Does it have antennas?

Iz

Back