Will the expat invasion end?

"Granadaiscool" said:
I think it was you who said who met a foreign couple with young kids who came to Argentina because it´s cheap
I don´t consider driving around in a banged up used car, living in a 100k home, having your kids in a public school and going to puclic hospitals as a decent life.
And any foreigner who does that is just plain stupid and does not have the best interest of there kids in mind.
I often forget that people worry about money, as I'm very wealthy. Not just love of the family and healthy wealthy but also money wealthy. Lots of cash....
Will the expat invasion end?. No. Perhaps next week or later but, for now, the hords will continue to arrive and invade.

"Granadaiscool" said:
I think it was you who said who met a foreign couple with young kids who came to Argentina because it´s cheap
I don´t consider driving around in a banged up used car, living in a 100k home, having your kids in a public school and going to puclic hospitals as a decent life.
And any foreigner who does that is just plain stupid and does not have the best interest of there kids in mind.
No, I haven´t met any expats with kids here. However, I have met several expats that came here because it was cheap and could afford maids, restaurants and things they couldn´t back home. I would personally never consider moving to a place where I am going to have a lower living standard by choice really, but that is just me.
nik

Hi, it was me that talked about quality of life here for european expat families.
The families I was talking about are transferred here by companies and thus the company pays for housing, schooling, tickets once a year to go home, sometimes even the car (depending on the rank ofthe husband within the company....company policy and such).
The person emplyed in such a company has tipically worked many years (over 10) at the company and is offered a package to compensate for having to relocate and re-adjust to a new country.

So you made up the story and they are here because the dad got a job offer.
Totally different situation

Well, going back to the thread´s topic, I think the ¨expat invasion¨ will not be such in a few more months, at least I don´t think the people who think this place is a bargain will be attracted when they do the math. It is a shame really cos I personally enjoy the cultural diversity and the new ideas some expats bring with them. I do believe that anybody considering coming here should have either a business idea, good savings or a job though. I suppose there are still some things that still make it attractive for some to emigrate, but the place being super cheap ( at least for americans coming from suburban areas ) is definetly not one.

Nikad, as always something wise to say...
And granada i dindnt make the story up, the couple is here because the husband got transferred here, the children are underage .... I could not exactly interrogate them further could I ??...
It is a reality you don´t want to see obviusly... expats from embassies and multinationals have always been sent here and will continue to come long after the "expat invasion" is over.

"Bairesgirl" said:
Nikad, as always something wise to say...
And granada i dindnt make the story up, the couple is here because the husband got transferred here, the children are underage .... I could not exactly interrogate them further could I ??...
It is a reality you don´t want to see obviusly... expats from embassies and multinationals have always been sent here and will continue to come long after the "expat invasion" is over.
I disagree with the lifestyle issue. A lot of expats mention they have a higher quality of life here, as they have rented/bought for example houses with pools and gardens in the suburbs for children to play with (pools in homes is not a very common thing in the uk due to weather and such) that they may not have had at home, 6 months a year of spring/summer, affordable Sports clubs and activities for the children and themselves, comprably accesible bilingual schools for the kids, an active cultural life which need not be that expensive. Just yesterday I met a european couple who were here for those reasons...

So lets see first they came for all the reasons above mentioned and now they come because the guy was sent to Argentina and you could not ask them more
[moderated]

I think this has proved to be a really interesting thread and although we exchange information and tips on boards like this, i see nothing wrong with throwing a question like that. there are no wrong and right answers on a topic like this.
regrarding the expats themselves. has anyone noticed, perhaps those who have lived in the middle east or other areas as an expat, that the expat community here is not very close at all. and you can see how many are at each others throats on the board. i guess thats a topic for another thread though, another day.
Lots of things could end the expat invasion. super high inflation, a revolution (not at all unlikely in my opinion), too many people experiencing crime. Or in the example i gave about the 1920s, when the economy came to an abrupt halt, people came home and fast.

GranadaisnotsocoolSee? I've given you a new name!Every post you make. Every comment you make. Every misinformed judgement you make, frankly makes my skin crawl. You accuse people of talking bullshit, which effectively is calling them liars and it seems that you have nothing positive to contribute to this forum, whatsoever.Before you post, why don't you at least think a little or even just look in the mirror?

Back