Wine Drinkers Unite

Really? One time my father-in-law saw a Chinese Supermarket with Bolivian employees. The Chinese owners made their Bolivian employees use diapers so they would not have to get up and go to the bathroom. People in Argentina will go to great lengths to cheat someone for very small profits. Or one time my father-in-law told me a story about stopping on a bus trip at a station and buying a sandwich. The sandwich had lettuce and ham on the exterior part where you can see, but when my Father-in-law bit into it, it didn't actually have anything in the middle of the sandwich. Although of course what Nancy above suggested is possible.
That sandwich must have been made by British Rail.

I just made a list of these wines for myself so thought I would share.

[background=#fcfcfc]
Trapiche Varietals at 25 pesos[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
DV Catena Cabernet-Malbec 78 per bottle[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Altimus 2008 at 150 pesos[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Animal syrah 2007 - 45 pesos. great [background=#fefa51]wine[/background] once, not aged well. [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
AVE memento (07 i think) - 240 - Wow![/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Gran lurton 08 - 50 pesos. Very nice, [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Chacra Pinot Noir 2011 - 430 - honestly this is always good but this vintage is above and beyond the normal[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Durruguti (that is misspelled). Cabernet s reserve (08 I think) - 110 - yum yum[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
check out the la Madrid bonarda[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Tamari Malbec 2011 by Bodegas Tamari and at 20 pesos it is a steal[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
domaine st Diego, awesome [background=#fefa51]wine[/background]s for great prices 350/12 [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Finca Flichman around 25 pesos, [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
San Felipe [background=#fefa51]wine[/background]s in the squat bottles[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
"Cosecha Tardia" white by Cafayate, more of a light and fruity girly [background=#fefa51]wine[/background]. [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Paz (big bold label) from San Juan area 90+/-[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Dada 35P[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Concha y Toro Cabernet or Merlot $15?[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Spumante $22[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Finca La Linda or Finca Flichman around $40..!!! [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Don Miro Malbec (2010) $45[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Navarro Correas cab sav or syrah (2008), both about $50 [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Black Tears by Tapiz 245P[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Finca Gabriel (in the $25 range)[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Saint Felicien ($100.) [/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Finca Flichman - I recently tried their Gestos Cabernet 2011. It drank well.[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Punta Corral 2011, a blend from JUJUY[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Callia Alta Shiraz Malbec is very quaffable. Around $30[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Cab and Malbec of Quara 48-56[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Aberdeen Angus Malbec sells for $20[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Familia Gascon, Cabernet Sauvignon, 33 pesos, Chino[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
Amalaya, Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon, 55ish pesos[/background]
[background=#fcfcfc]
La Iride, Cabernet Sauvignon, 35ish pesos[/background]

[background=#fcfcfc]
I would like to revive this thread with a request for wines in the 80 to 125 range. Wines seem (to me) to be way better in this price range and not that much better as you go higher.[/background]

With the interest given to this thread - I suggest we attempt to put together a group who would enjoy getting together for an evening of consumption. We could pick the one evening designating it as a tasting in the 80 to 125 range. We could designate only malbec or other varietal or a mix of what everyone brings too. I certainly am willing to coordinate this project and host it however as others know I have seating for about six maximum so perhaps someone else could host it. Let me know your thoughts. Walter

Philip, as your buddy who made the bet, I concede. I am ready to pay of the debt and have the wine on the shelf.

Also, put me down for the wine order at 350 p from St. Domaind, your choice of bottles as you know what I like, mixed case if you like or all the same if necessary.

We missed getting together this last week, but 4.17 is Malbec time in the streets near lo de Joaquin. Will you be there?

I'm ready for a wine tasting event as well. If I remember, admission was a bottle costing more that 150 p?

Best, mg

If anyone can point me in the direction of a Spanish, French, South African or OZ wine, I'll pour them a glass.

Fond d cave malbec is a balance wine with a strong corpus.
Trumpeter malbec is also great.
Callia syrah and malbec are good deals for 22 pesos.
Bodegas del fin del mundo has great wines (the expensive ones). But they have a restaurant st palermo h where you can order the wine at good prices.

[sup]The address for what Dr. Rubilar mentioned above is EXPERENCIA DEL FIN DE MUNDO -- Honduras 5673 e Fitz Roy y Bonpland, Palermo 4852-6661 [/sup]

Black Tears by Tapiz, one of my favorite 100% Malbecs and if youre an aussie syrah fan you'll probably like it. Its a hell of a wine. Try and find the 07 or if you can't, the 06 as they're better than the 08 which is what is the most stocked at the moment.

Edit:

Here it is for a good price.
http://articulo.merc...bert-parker-_JM

Almost bought "Black Tears" to bring to the States for a visit this past week, but went with "TeHo" instead. (Tell me I didn't blow it.) They are both very expensive by Argentine standards (though dollar azul put the TeHo at about 55% of the cheapest price in the States).

PLEASE tell me that Black Tears isn't appreciably better than the TeHo Malbec.

Thanks,

Nappy

PS- HAPPY INTERNATIONAL MALBEC DAY!!!!!

Happy malbec day.

I'll be here in a bit. It should be a blast so come on over. Address: Jorge Luis Borges 1772

533808_598406763504948_1748249975_n.jpg

If you see me, blue jeans burgundy shirt, give me a shout

Back