Wine Drinkers Unite

at what time does this begin and what is the entrance cost? thank you.

When you talk about $35-$50 here, do you mean US $ or AR$? 'Coz I've been to a wine store at Abasto Mall, they're prices are around AR$110 and above...

What a great event!

Jouquin and the crew poured seemingly bottomless bottles of some very nice wines. Many of us appreciated the opportunity to expand our horizons. I left with two bags and look forward to drinking some splendid wines.

www.0800-vino.com a wine store in almagro - on the 19th -- world malbec day celebration tasting there says is 90 pesos. I have never been to that store but saw notice of this event elsewhere.

For those on a budget, the Finca Flichman wines are pretty good and only around 25 pesos, as are the San Felipe wines in the squat bottles. Also like "Cosecha Tardia" white by Cafayate, more of a light and fruity girly wine.

Cosecha Tardía (Late Harvest) is really a dessert wine, probably from Torrontés, nothing wrong with that in context. Etchart Cafayate Torrontés is a refreshing, fruity and inexpensive white, widely available at supermarkets. A great choice for a warm afternoon.

What a great event!

Jouquin and the crew poured seemingly bottomless bottles of some very nice wines. Many of us appreciated the opportunity to expand our horizons. I left with two bags and look forward to drinking some splendid wines.

No kidding! I think I counted 35 different wines opened and they just kept opening new bottles!

My favorite new to me wine from the night.

PV20112.jpg

I'll revive this thread with some new recommendations

Cafayate Cab Sauv Reserve is good if you need a bottle in a pinch. Cheap and available in supermarkets (and my glass at the moment).

Tacuil is coming out with a new label for next year... I got a sneak peak and it's going to be good but then again, it always is from them.

'11 riglos is on the market. The new gran corte is better than last years weakness but still not up to the 06,08 standard IMO. Still a few years from real drinkability so we'll see how it comes along.

08 Collovati reserve malbec drinking well, very fruit forward with some structure still there, not too ripe but I wouldn't bet on too much longer, good think I don't there are many left in the market.

Has anybody tried the wines from Diego Ross? Specifically the pinot. I'm curious

Back