Winter Olympics

unstuck

Registered
I know it's hot out there.... but does anyone know where I could watch any Winter Olympic coverage in BA? Some bar with satellite, perhaps, that will show it, instead of another obscure 3rd-tier futbal match??

- j.

I think it's FoxSports that is going to do the coverage, the last time round the coverage was CRAP, so don't expect too much, most Argentines don't even realise the Winter olympics are coming (I'm from Vancouver, so I've been bombarded about it for what, 5 years now or more?)

If you watch, keep an eye out for Kristina Groves in speed Skating -- she's my cousin and she's had a fantastic year so far (she's been No. One in a number of her distances all year) -- so she should be bringing home some Gold...

You're other hope for watching is via the net, you'll need to disguise your IP and a lot of sites have caught on to that so you'll have to be a bit more savvy than usual to get around it...

Yeah, I'm watching Kristina Groves! I'm Canadian also and so am primarily interested in the hockey -- and figure skating, of course.

I'm going to try to watch it online but that requires a pretty good connection -- and even though I SUPPOSEDLY have high-speed internet, I've never been able to properly stream videos of any quality. Youtube is fine because you can wait for it to load then run it, but streaming from CBC where it's in flash and more "'locked.."' it keeps stuttering. argh!

Please let me know if you find a place to watch the Canadians play hockey. Cheers.

syngirl said:
I think it's FoxSports that is going to do the coverage, the last time round the coverage was CRAP, so don't expect too much, most Argentines don't even realise the Winter olympics are coming (I'm from Vancouver, so I've been bombarded about it for what, 5 years now or more?)

If you watch, keep an eye out for Kristina Groves in speed Skating -- she's my cousin and she's had a fantastic year so far (she's been No. One in a number of her distances all year) -- so she should be bringing home some Gold...

You're other hope for watching is via the net, you'll need to disguise your IP and a lot of sites have caught on to that so you'll have to be a bit more savvy than usual to get around it...

Best of luck to your cousin!!! I am from Bellingham...so you're my neighbor to the North!

I should hope there will be a Canadian meetup for the Canada Hockey matches, if anyone finds it playing somewhere ;)

We have to convince some bar owner with a satellite dish that if they show the hockey games every Canadian in Gran Buenos Aires will come and drink every beer in the joint

You might ask the owners of El Alamo if you could watch a hockey game in advance. They're nice guys and with some advance notice would most likely not have a problem, unless it is going to preempt a big futbol game or something. Most of the waiters/waitresses there speak English sot hey would probably pass your request along if they are not there.

I believe they get their feed from a slingbox located in the States and could probably get anything that would be needed. Maybe not the best quality video, but sufficient I bet.

Back