Wireless Router

I did a bit of research and got this one... No problems, running dd-wrt on it. 380 pesos on mercadolibre
TP-Link TL-WR841ND

Correct all the appliances TV sets and kitchen appliances I brought down here were 50 cycles,

Hmmm, weird. For kitchen appliances I can see the reason as they often contain a motor that requires a certain number of cycles. But all other kinds of computer/multimedia electronics I bought always had a label similar to the one in ben's picture (either in the external power adapter or built-into the device). Well, at least I learned something new today :)

I'm very happy with my Apple airport router, which is flat, tiny and has dual voltage; confortable enough to travel with it anywhere. Available at an Apple store.

Almost all things like Routers and laptops do 110v and 220v nowadays.

If you're not doing things like torrenting or having 100's of connections most routers are grand. If you do have heavy use going on it might be worth checking reviews and specs of the different routers around before getting one.

I got a router years ago that was useless and couldn't handle 3-4 people using it at once.

Almost all things like Routers and laptops do 110v and 220v nowadays.

If you're not doing things like torrenting or having 100's of connections most routers are grand. If you do have heavy use going on it might be worth checking reviews and specs of the different routers around before getting one.

I got a router years ago that was useless and couldn't handle 3-4 people using it at once.

Feature-wise most routers are sufficient for the average user (especially if they can be flashed with DD-WRT), but I experienced a significant difference in the antennas, which can influence stability and throughput a lot in case of large houses/weaker Wifi devices.

Feature-wise most routers are sufficient for the average user (especially if they can be flashed with DD-WRT), but I experienced a significant difference in the antennas, which can influence stability and throughput a lot in case of large houses/weaker Wifi devices.

Just get several routers. 5ghz doesn't move well through the reinforced concrete floors we have around here. After some futile attempts and moving around the router and fucking with channels I ended up with the current set up which is 3 Apple airports connected to a switch and a old computer running smooth wall

I naturally assumed that the router would be cheaper and of better quality from the US, but I am unsure if it would even work down here....Or get intercepted by customs.

I just got a new one a couple of weeks ago. Had issues with Wifi disconnects with the old one and wanted something a little bit faster. Got the WRT1900AC in Santiago (it was on sales for round about $210 US https://www.spdigital.cl/products/view/31565). The router they sold was the US model incl. the US power adaptor. Power adaptor works on both on US voltage/frequency and the one here. I just needed a simple adapter for the plug.
The router works really well. I live in a two story house with brick and concrete.

Just got a buffalo router from the US after getting sick and tired of the Linksys one I had.

Here's the link for the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-AirStation-HighPower-Wireless-WZR-600DHP/dp/B0096239G0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=07VB9WDQW9NQGPBE4KHZ

It runs on both 120 and 240 so no magic required other than the little plug adapter thingy you can buy for 10-15 pesos on the street.

So far the quality of the router has been awesome.

Back