Witnessed A Robbery...

Seriously, expanding on the subject is not doing you any favors.
It's sad because I had plans to introduce you to my sister and welcome you to my family.
Even about to volunteer to fix your 'puter but then I remember I'm one of those argies not worth of any trust.
The day is ruined and my heart broken, I'll better go find an imbecile to part from his/hers valuable electronics or money. That'll cheer me up.

Seriously, expanding on the subject is not doing you any favors.
It's sad because I had plans to introduce you to my sister and welcome you to my family.
Even about to volunteer to fix your 'puter but then I remember I'm one of those argies not worth of any trust.
The day is ruined and my heart broken, I'll better go find an imbecile to part from his/hers valuable electronics or money. That'll cheer me up.

Sorry your day is ruined, Iznogud. If it helps any, I'm about to go out for a walk in Rosedal. I'll be the one looking really stupid. If we do cross paths, and if the robbery is successful (which of course it will be, since I am exceedingly stupid), please know that the whole thing will have been my fault. Cheers!

Iznogud, I'd be happy for you to introduce ME to your family...I don't have any here and still find it hard to make friends!:)

Reading these types of posts i find myself thinking,since when it became ok not to fight or defend yourself when attacked?or even worst since when it became ok not even to try to defend those defenseless if we are able? i believe that somewhere down the line we were fed this information and now if we see someone trying to catch a criminal even if we were not the direct victim,are seen as uncommon and maybe a little weird.
Some people seem to believe that being aware of your surroundings is just plain paranoia and we shouldn't be worry about things like that.(that's why we have the police according to them)
As time goes by i see that people wanting to get less and less involved even in the face of a great injustice as long as it doesn't affect us directly.
I keep seeing myself drifting further and further away from what i read here,that is somewhat acceptable to coexist in these conditions with criminals and some what is your fault for being a victim of pickpocketing.
I still wanna believe i'm not the only one that helps a blind man cross the street or give the old lady the extra minute she needs to cross the road even if my light turn green already and if it came down to i would do everything i can to catch someone that took a purse or a necklace or a moped that does not belong to them,because when i get older and i know i won't be able to ''draw'' as fast i can now ,i would want someone younger to look after me even if it is a complete stranger :cool:

I think I need to elaborate little more what I wrote in my comment before, because of which gang of people are here to ridicule me which I don't mind, but to gang up on someone like that is not cool. Just because you don't like someone.

By posting that comment I didn't mean that robbery or getting your pocket picked is cool, but the world we are living there is always possibility of something, you can not say for sure what can happen, it's sad if someone get robbed or pick-pocketed, but one should be responsible for the action he/she takes: suppose A Policeman while fighting crime can get a shot because he wasn't wearing bullet proof, it is sad and horrible, but it was his action his responsibility, suppose you forget to lock your house someone get in steal all your stuff, It's bad horrible thief had no right to steal, but then it was your responsibility to lock the door. In that context I wrote: we should be more careful, that was my Idea, may be I wrote it more bluntly, because I thought people here will understand and accept my opinion good or bad, but in that case I realize that I am not welcome here and I know the reason why.

Having said that there are many good people here I enjoy their posts and I will continue to be here. And for haters keep on hating ;)

I think the 2 key words here are compassion and moderation
Compassion for those victims of a crime especially those who can not look out for themselves(elderly, sick ,handicap)
Moderation in our responses to other posts,avoiding name calling and making it a personal vendetta against some member of the forum who doesn't see eye to eye with our views
As far as taking responsibilities for our actions i totally agree with you( as per your examples)
However i do disagree with your claims of people ganging up on you ,hating you or plain disliking you.
When you make a blunt statement you run the risk of being misunderstood thus creating a very uncomfortable situation for you the other party and us the innocent bystanders,which in most cases you will get another blunt statement in response which escalates to an exchange of nothing more than insults
I back this statement by reading your responses to some of the posts and honestly i think you over reacted and to top it off you went on calling someone a moron and molested as a child,now, take a moment to think if by chance the guy was actually molested as a child,don't you think he has enough to deal with and have you remind him of that for a simple disagreement?Are you really that full of hate?
I'm sure you are not ,just take the time to deliver your message with a little more class and better manners,

This is a forum. People are welcome to express and discuss opinions. Once you start making comments that affect the other parties instead of their arguments the shit is fast headed for the nearest working fan. Stating that any POV is stupid is just another opinion, retorting that the one who said this is a perv is an argument ad hominem. Nowhere near the same.

Your mind can handle so many (few) objects in the concious part of it. The rest is handled by the subconscious (automatic mode) or not at all. If by being busy with other thoughts makes you stupid then we're all guilty. No way we can handle our personal safety and security at all times.
Personal space is a rare commodity around here, pickpockets are well aware of our shortcomings and take advantage of that. Business is good for them.

Maybe, you should consider assuming less and being more explicit/clear when you post. This way you'll avoid doing so much explaining/spinning in the following posts. Just a thought.

It's the complacency about crime that opens the door to military dictatorships. People come to believe only a "strong man" in power can solve the crime problem.

Back