Work advice for newcomers

eire

Registered
hi there
My girlfriend and I are moving to Buenos Aires in september. She is a teacher from England (Spanish teacher) and i am also a teacher - from Ireland. My girlfriend hopes to teach in an international school there - and is wondering is there much work available and what is the best way to go about finding work in schools in BS As. I would like to teach English - (i have the TEFL certificate) or i would really like to work in a hostel to get some experience as down the line we would love to buy a hostel if possible. Was just wondering if anyone would have any suggestions about finding Hostel work..... is it hard / how to go about it etc? As i said above my girlfriend is fluent in spanish - i speak a bit and am learning from her.Cant wait to arrive ...look forward to hearing from anyone who can help in any way.
Ciao

Re: Job Opportunity

Posted on: 06/27/2006 11:34 PM

There was a message on another thread that gave some links that may be of use:
Posted by Bill on this forum:
I've been looking into this as well and can pass on a couple links that might help you understand the process. First is ARCA which is a law office that does the paperwork for you, for a fee. I'm afraid to ask how much.
Another is from the "suitcase on wheels" blog where he's talking about how to teach english and mentions how the process went for him. There's more in that site if you search around a bit.
Hope that helps a bit.

Hi Eire,I think the best way to find a job is through social networking. Check out the expat tool bar for such opportunities...
www.ArgentinaExpat.media-toolbar.com/exe
Suerte!

http://www.seaweb.org.ar/

a list of all private language and also the english style private bi-lingual schools where they study for the international gcse and a-levels in the northern suburbs.

dtz

cheers folks
thanks for your help...some good tips
suerte

Back