Work Visa Documents

posie

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hello everyone,[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I've been in Buenos Aires for quite some time but I am new to baexpats and to the whole working in blanco game! I just have a very quick question regarding the documents I need to get a work visa (i'm from the uk). I understand that I need to get a criminal record check done, does this need to be signed by a by a solicitor or notary before I can get the apostille?[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I'd be hugely grateful for any advice you can give me or if perhaps there is a better place to post this question![/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks a lot![/background]

Hi

If you have the document here you need to send it back to the UK direct to an apostile. A lot of them will provide an international delivery service too!

Yes the document is in the uk so no problems there, its just a question of what state it needs to be in for it to be suitable for an apostille. Think I will get it signed by a notary as well, just in case!

Hiya Posie,

The criminal record check is a 2-step process. First, get the criminal record check. 2nd, get it apostilled.

The best place for you to go is disclosurescotland for your criminal record check. You can pay online and send them photocopies of your supporting documentation by email. It doesn't matter where you are from in the UK (I'm from London). When you apply for it you must write them an email asking specifically for them to sign it. Otherwise this has to be signed by a solicitor or notary, which is an added hassle. If they sign it, no need for any other signature.

Once you have done that and they send it to you, you need to get your document apostilled. This is done via fco.gov.uk. You'll have to send it to them, pay online and they'll send it back quickly with the official stamp.

The easiest way to do all of this is to have someone in the UK help you by letting you use their postal address. The whole process will be a lot easier if you don't have to wait for the criminal record check here in Argentina before sending it back to the UK to be apostilled and then waiting to receive it here again (if that makes any sense).

Cheers,
Sean

Thank you so much Sean, that is exactly what I needed to know! I didn't ask them to sign the criminal record check so I will have to get a solicitor/notary to sign it instead. I can now get on with it and hopefully have all my documents in order soon!

Thanks Again :)

Back