Working remotely from Argentina.

did you seriously just suggest starting an Onlyfans? LOL
Yes, basis the context of the thread..No shame for anyone doing it. Every one can not be an entrepreneur or a career person - doctor etc. Some like some wicked wild naughty ways to make their money.

7. Right now, businesses are subject to various regulations that make it very expensive to have full-time employees. Health insurance, provident fund contributions, legal liabilities for sexual harassment claims, etc. all make having more employees undesirable.

I see more businesses relying on freelancers wherever they can in order to escape administrative costs and to have easy “exits” (end of contract) once their work is done. A good chance for people to shift/move to BA and still work in first world economies.

And more people will be able to freelance because they will have more free time (no commute, etc.) and because internet connections are faster than ever.

Virtual Assistants [VA] is already becoming “a thing” worldwide. The employers willl be able to take advantage of the relatively low overhead that comes with contractor labor. And Argentina could be the perfect place to execute it.

8. Religious Products: The decline in employment due to China Virus and the government’s ability to spend (in real money terms) will lead to a lot of hard times for many people. This will probably result in a lot of people seeking religion for mental and moral support.Now is probably a good time to think of religion-related products to sell. I am not sure, what but its an idea for sure which can be executed remotely or from BA.

9. Camera Girls - For good looking women, its a great opportunity to for webcam in first world markets and earn in USD or Euros and work from BA.

https://onlyfans.com/ - is a good place to start for the female readers who may be interested.

Earlier people used to move “from small towns to big cities” to find opportunities, and now the equation has changed “from offline to online”.

10. This brings me to the final suggestion - Again for women who may be appalled by my suggestion in point 9.

I think working from home, should be an overall positive for women, but only capable women, not the women who rely on their “feminine charm” to get ahead.

I know lots of people who stopped hiring women after #metoo became a thing, and I know many people who would refuse to be in the same room alone with a woman.

This was not a good thing for competent women. Working from home completely eliminates this problem. On the other side of the coin, the women who relied on their sexuality to get ahead find that their competitive advantage is now gone.

This is all good news for employers because now they no longer need to worry about sexual harassment suits while also getting to pick from a broader talent pool. This means women have a great chance to do well online from Argentina, without being an extrepreneur or a writer or a content creator or continue to live in their boring first world country.

Hope one of my 10 points is useful to someone reading them.
Ceviche,

What a great post. All of your points / observations are valid.

Point #9 is for a special kind of person. Personally, there are a few lines I would not cross to make money. Being criminal is one and something like point #9 is another! It's just not worth it to me. I'd rather have less, but be rich in self respect.

Thanks..trying to help the audience.
And I think you did a good and thorough job.

Anything that can be done remotely is certainly in play.

Some people can make an awful lot of money with #9 if they are okay with it. I look at it as a form of self betrayal.

2. Also writing books and self publishing can be very lucrative.. Even if the book sold 3 usd and you sell 100 copies a month and have 3-4 books such as this, it can be a great source of passive income enough to suffice in BA.
Nice post, but I want to touch specifically on this. The self publishing market is notoriously poor for making money unless you want to game people a little. By gaming people a little, I mean writing non-fiction guides, how-tos, etc. Problem is, many of these are outsourced ebooks that have been written by someone with no-knowledge of the subject. Company A will hire a writer to write something, but that writer may not really know about the subject they write about. When the consumer gets that ebook, they are in essence reading recycled content that the writer took from Google.

As you say, writing books and self publishing can be very lucrative, but "can" is the important word. A more accurate scenario is you will pour time and effort (if you write) and money (if you outsource) and get little in return. Thousands of books are self-published each week and most of them return zero income.

It doesn't help that a lot of self-published content is poorly written. There are often no filters because a content creator will either not pay for an editor or believes their work is good enough they don't need one. Any book should be edited by a professional editor, which is not cheap and severely harms any potential income, so self-publishers tend to ignore this vital step. It shows. Many people assume writing is something they can do and often fail at for various reasons.

That said, I would say if you are someone with deep knowledge of your feild, there is a market for content. But instead of self-publishing, my advice would be to pitch article ideas to publications or bid to write whitepapers. If you are an expert and a good writer to boot, you could command upwards of $500 per article no problem while whitepapers could run into thousands. Three or four of them a month beats the hell out of writing three or four ebooks and hoping they are successful.

And yeah, I am ignoring self-publishing fiction which I still believe should be a last resort and only in extreme cases will make you money.

Nice post, but I want to touch specifically on this. The self publishing market is notoriously poor for making money unless you want to game people a little. By gaming people a little, I mean writing non-fiction guides, how-tos, etc. Problem is, many of these are outsourced ebooks that have been written by someone with no-knowledge of the subject. Company A will hire a writer to write something, but that writer may not really know about the subject they write about. When the consumer gets that ebook, they are in essence reading recycled content that the writer took from Google.

As you say, writing books and self publishing can be very lucrative, but "can" is the important word. A more accurate scenario is you will pour time and effort (if you write) and money (if you outsource) and get little in return. Thousands of books are self-published each week and most of them return zero income.

It doesn't help that a lot of self-published content is poorly written. There are often no filters because a content creator will either not pay for an editor or believes their work is good enough they don't need one. Any book should be edited by a professional editor, which is not cheap and severely harms any potential income, so self-publishers tend to ignore this vital step. It shows. Many people assume writing is something they can do and often fail at for various reasons.

That said, I would say if you are someone with deep knowledge of your feild, there is a market for content. But instead of self-publishing, my advice would be to pitch article ideas to publications or bid to write whitepapers. If you are an expert and a good writer to boot, you could command upwards of $500 per article no problem while whitepapers could run into thousands. Three or four of them a month beats the hell out of writing three or four ebooks and hoping they are successful.

And yeah, I am ignoring self-publishing fiction which I still believe should be a last resort and only in extreme cases will make you money.
All the how to stuff on YOU TUBE is competing for the audience as well.

Indeed, although there is a difference on YouTube. Mostly, if you are going to do the "how-to" stuff on YouTube, you will have to visually show you know what you are talking about, whether because you are an expert or simply learned to do it yourself for the purpose of the video.

For the written guides and similar content, that's not the case. I mean, it can be and certainly there are experts who are delivering ebooks that are valuable. Still, for most it will be a company outsourcing to a writer, who then researches and writes the work. For example, I had a client hire me to write about stability chambers for labs. I know nothing about that subject and didn't even know what a stability chamber was. In fact, I am still not sure I know what it is after writing 1,000 words about them.

Now scale that up from a single article for a client website to an ebook that pretends it is providing valuable information and there's a problem. Perhaps you can argue there is some value there because the writer is doing the research for you and delivering it in a concise or interesting way. However, there is a good chance there will be errors in the infromation because the writer is not an expert in the niche and may misunderstood something, etc.

I am pissing on my own profession, but during the last 10 years I have learned a lot and decided to niche down a long time ago.

Since its a video, audience will immediately know if you are bullshitting. Audience is the one which makes you ther star. Just like Hollywood. Audience decides. So you got to know your subject damn well.

Since its a video, audience will immediately know if you are bullshitting. Audience is the one which makes you ther star. Just like Hollywood. Audience decides. So you got to know your subject damn well.
Agree.

I have seen some very sorry attempts. I have seen some great quality from amateurs as well.

Back