would anyone recomend moving to B A

dk2

Registered
hi as i said in an earlier tread im thinking very hard on packing up and moving over to buenos aires ,iv worked all my life and have a few quid saved in the bank,and own my own apartment which i could rent out and hopefuly survive on , to live in b a ...but would i have to cross the border every 3 months ,and stay on a visitors visa ,if so ,can you just keep doing that to the day you die,just to keep it easy???
hope someone can lead me in the right direction ...

dk2 said:
would i have to cross the border every 3 months ,and stay on a visitors visa ,if so ,can you just keep doing that to the day you die,just to keep it easy???
Ahhh, here's a question!

And now, the answer: Yes! You can certainly keep renewing your tourist visa every 3 months, OR, you can just not bother because no one really cares.

If your apartment rental or any other assets generate $2000 US dollars per month, you can get a rentista visa which means no border crossing.

philip u realy are a sad little man ...coming into these sites and acting like 12 year old ,whats your problem? seriously !!!man grow up
if u have nothing positive to say ,dont reply ,
kind regards
xxxx

dk2 said:
philip u realy are a sad little man ...coming into these sites and acting like 12 year old ,whats your problem? seriously !!!man grow up
kind regards
xxxx
What is MY problem? What the hell is your problem?

You come here and rather than spend 5 minutes searching, you pose a question that has been asked and answered a million times. Then when I answer the question, instead of showing a modicum of gratitude, you insult me.

dk2 said:
kind regards
xxxx

Actually, Philip was right. The only time you're questioned about your visa status is upon entering the country. Nobody stops you on the street to "check your papers" so there's no reason to renew the tourist visa if you don't plan on leaving and returning the country. Because no, you cannot renew the tourist visa "until the day you die" as problems with renewing have been recorded on this forum thousands of times.

Yes, some have gotten away with it for several years, but most end up either leaving permanently or end up applying for temporary or permanent residency.

dk2, I'm thinking you're the one that needs to grow up, especially if you actually want to enjoy BA and not become a source of amusement for the locals.

Have to agree. There is a search function of this website that seems to be seriously underused. the question that you ask has been asked literally thousands of times. Philip answered your question honestly and in the most concise way possible. Do some research, read around, don't be lazy and you'll likely find the answer to this question and many more that are bound to come up. Also, don't be a defensive dick or you'll find that the knowledgable forumites aren't going to be very willing to share info with you.

MizzMarr said:
Also, don't be a defensive dick or you'll find that the knowledgable forumites aren't going to be very willing to share info with you.
Yeah, having a brief browse through your 20 posts on this forum, if you carry that attitude with you you're not going to make many friends, whether it be on this forum or in BA. Not really what you would aim for moving to a new country I would have thought. Like I wrote in one of your threads, no one cares about your education level, but they will care about the chip on your shoulder if you continue to respond so aggressively to others.

Back