Would you like to spend the rest of your life in Argentina?

Probably not due to lack of opportunities for my daughter in the future. Will probably stay here until she is old enough for secondary school and hopefully own a holiday home here. Move back to Blighty beckons eventually.

I moved her permanently in 2005 and except for one trip back to the US long ago to atttend my High School's
50th, have not been back since. As you can see by the picture, I'm married and my family really is hers since
I have no living relatives (a "cosmic orphan") and I have no "reason" to repatriate. My only wish after nearly
16 years is that my ability to learn Spanisn were better. Whew.

Same here, I Ilive with my wifes family and wonderful grandchildren, we do infrequent trips back to New York, and I wish I had learned more spanish (although I've become remarkably adept at communicating with hand gestures). We're happy here but since we're both Americans we sometimes wonder if we could be happier back U.S. but whenever we discuss a specific place (Florida, California, New York) there's too much social turmoil, covid wreckage and likey upcoming fiscal crises. Still it's hard to see Argentina as our last stop.

Yes, God willing. Argentina has captured my heart, (and I have nothing to go back to).
When I climbed on the plane and flew out of San Diego to come here, I promised myself that the guiding motto of the rest of my life would be The First Rule of Italian Driving - "what is behind me does not matter".

i lived in argentina for ten years .. went back now to the usa for four years.... and i am moving back to retire in mar del plata soon as i can get there....
there is something about argentina -it keeps bringing you back... it can be frustrating and things might not be as easy in some ways in argentina..... but there something special about the place..... malbec and steaks help..... having dollars even helps more....
but with covid and usa politics etc etc.... a little place at the beach in argentina and walking down to the market or parilla...... is looking better and better every day....

I moved her permanently in 2005 and except for one trip back to the US long ago to atttend my High School's
50th, have not been back since. As you can see by the picture, I'm married and my family really is hers since
I have no living relatives (a "cosmic orphan") and I have no "reason" to repatriate. My only wish after nearly
16 years is that my ability to learn Spanisn were better. Whew.
I do two lessons a day every day on www.duolingo.com, I love it! And its free.

Would imagine it would make a big difference to your life living here and being able to communicate with people. Simple interactions contribute to feeling like you belong.
I enjoy talking to the locals in the general passage of the day or overhearing funny conversations and the like.

Would imagine it would make a big difference to your life living here and being able to communicate with people. Simple interactions contribute to feeling like you belong.
I enjoy talking to the locals in the general passage of the day or overhearing funny conversations and the like.

Maybe deep down I know I don't want to belong? Which if truth be told I don't. Even my wife who has spent most of her life here doesn't.

Arrived here in March one day before the border closure, met my girlfriend and now we're living together so it's safe to say I'll be here long term.

I'd be happy to live here permanently, if you earn USD online the lifestyle is great, a lot to see and do, and great travel destinations all close by.

I'll probably retire by a beach in Brazil though.

Arrived here in March one day before the border closure, met my girlfriend and now we're living together so it's safe to say I'll be here long term.

I'd be happy to live here permanently, if you earn USD online the lifestyle is great, a lot to see and do, and great travel destinations all close by.

I'll probably retire by a beach in Brazil though.

Yes I thought the same when I arrived all those years ago. However, beware once the honeymoon is over. :)

Back