Wow. We Are Living In The Worlds Powerhouse Of Growth!

it is reaching its historic limit, 10 years of growth.

But also, there is low private investment, Argentina is 6th in the region, lots of private investors, multinationals, etc, do not believe Argentina is the best option. One can agree or disagree with this image they have, but this is true, this is a fact.
It can perfectly change though, and its not that we dont have investment.

I doubt the state will invest strong, today what motorizes economies is private investment.

Sixth in what region? If you don't count France, there are 12 countries in South America, so that would put Argentina in the middle of the pack, presuming they lead Guyana, Suriname, Paraguay etc., but undoubtedly behind Brazil, Chile, probably Peru and Colombia, maybe even tiny Uruguay. But perhaps ahead of Venezuela?

I too think that Indec lies, but it cant be THAT wrong.

Are we taking about the same INDEC, which claims that Argentine inflation is below 10% ?

Using a wad of supermarket tickets with the same articles and article numbers, and ranging back some 4 years, I can show a real inflation of about 3 times INDEC's 10%

Divide the claimed 8.6% growth by 3 and get 2.9%

There are some bonds attach to growth. The whole thing about the lies about INDEC was regarding to save money on the payment of those bonds attached to inflación. So, if there is growth they have to pay more. It makes no sense to lie on that.

I took a look at the link to the IMF growth figures, which you provided.

Country name 2008 .. 2009 .. 2010 .. 2011 .. 2012
Argelia ..... 2,4 ... 2,4 ... 3,6
.. 2,4 ... 2,5
Argentina
Armenia ..... 6,9 . -14,1
... 2,1 ... 4,7 ... 7,1

No figures for Argentina. Strange isn't it? - no growth? or the truth, which is that only a devout Kirchenerist trusts INDEC and a black widow.

In case you don't t know: there is an election in Argentina in October.
It makes a lot of sense to lie about the growth a month before the election.

It makes a lot of sense to lie about anything a month before an election.

It makes a lot of sense to lie about anything a month before an election.

Perhaps we're in a parallel time universe here but based on the amount of Bullshit that INDEC/Dear Leader spouts I'd say we've been in a month before an election for a few years.

I think the original article said it best that the issue with INDEC (Like Aerolineas) is that Papa K turned the role political instead of just the numbers. When you do that you can enable the appearance of anything, drop a 0, move a comma, as long as it helps the image of dear leader and the FpV being accurate is low on the list of priorities...

It will be interesting to see how many more fairy tales get spun leading up to the elections in October.

John.St Question occurs to me whether they even count food and energy since the U.S. eliminates those items from the inflation index altogether, thus coming up with a MUCH lower inflation rate than if they included them. Wonder if Argentina follows suite and just eliminates from the index the fastest rising items. In which case their inflation rate might have an air of legitimacy. (Not likely but it's a thought.) .

Argentina uses a basket of products which is pretty well defined. [oooops but they freeze the prices of the basket items]

John.St Question occurs to me whether they even count food and energy since the U.S. eliminates those items from the inflation index altogether, thus coming up with a MUCH lower inflation rate than if they included them.

Where do people get these things from? The BLS is actually pretty darn transparent & points out that while the most referenced CPI does contain food and energy, they also publish one without those items included.

John.St Question occurs to me whether they even count food and energy since the U.S. eliminates those items from the inflation index altogether, thus coming up with a MUCH lower inflation rate than if they included them. Wonder if Argentina follows suite and just eliminates from the index the fastest rising items. In which case their inflation rate might have an air of legitimacy. (Not likely but it's a thought.) .
As far as I am informed, INDEC substitutes products.

If lomo becomes too expensize, giving a too high inflation, lomo is substituteted with a cheaper cut. If the cheaper cut gets too expensize, it is substituted by e.g. chicken or liver, mondongo, etc. until the result is within the desired limit.

Back