Xmas Rental Nightmare - Advice Please - Where To From Here ?

(Basically - to celebrate the end of this most unpleasant chapter/experience of the last month or so would like to take the family out for really perfect Japanese or maybe have an at home Japanese night...)

I know how you feel, I get random cravings for takoyaki all the time.

Fukuro in Palermo was good for ramen, still wasn't the same as in Japan but it tasted amazing, satisfied the craving and it wasn't expensive.

(I still remember those stand up Ramen joints the salarymen used to use - but even the least impressive looking of places could produce the most delicious of Ramen :)

Ah the Takoyakis from Osaka to Kyushu, Kobe or Wagyu Japanese beef on the hot plate. Sukiyakis, the Shabu-Shabus, The all sort of Ramens..from the Miso to the Shoyu ones from up in Hokkaido~down to Fukuoka~Kagoshima. And not to forget the Tempuras or the Tonkatsus..Then what about the tiny Yatais the ones that has only 4~5 sitting small chairs and whilst there you sip the hot Sake and chew on the Odens. Or the excuisite provincial fares as the Bento box lunch purchased when the trains stops to different stations. Then the Hot springs called Onsens with more than thousand and thousand of public bath natural flowing hot water,the foods they serve at every Onsens across Japan. And_not_to forget, the all you can eat or drinking ( alcohol ) places. You can enter and have 2 hours limit Sushis, all you can eat ! Even the big belly foreigners are wellcome! Japan is gastronomic paradise..We know what is Umami or simply what taste good. There are no foods in the land of rising sun that does not taste "Oishii desu" !!
Ask Juanito-san, he endured his Kendo learning living in Gifu or Saitama perhaps?...The foods taste so good all over Japan, Ahem ! Now Iam coming to Bs As and me thinking, Beef or Pizzas ought be edible at least ? Just joking forumites ! Ha,ha,haaa
P.S. not to forget the delicious Gyozas or udons, even the fast food chain served Beef-Donburis across japan tastes so good and very healthy.!

No wonder UNESCO has selected the goodies of japan as: UNESCO added traditional Japanese cuisine, or "washoku," into its Intangible Cultural Heritage list
Ingredients play an important role in the traditional Japanese cuisine, particularly how fresh they are...http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/world/asia/japan-on-the-road-food/

You're killing me - I am starving already :) I was a professor at Kanda Gaigo Daigaku and lived fairly close in Makuharihongo - only about 7 stops from Chiba City and if you jump lines at Tsudanama (next station) its only 30 minutes to Tokyo and of course Roppongi, Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc... Need I mention Kabuki-cho? Mmmmh - no - probably I shouldn't :) lol Of course my dream at the time was to get my full professorship up in Otaru (Hokkaido) - its absolutely beautiful up there - I got into the shortlist at the time but didn't quite make it :( (No shame really - I think at the time there were 7000 applications because it was tenure track which is not so easy to get for a gaijin in Japan...

But yes - I MISS the food :) lol

Ah the Takoyakis from Osaka to Kyushu, Kobe or Wagyu Japanese beef on the hot plate. Sukiyakis, the Shabu-Shabus, The all sort of Ramens..from the Miso to the Shoyu ones from up in Hokkaido~down to Fukuoka~Kagoshima. And not to forget the Tempuras or the Tonkatsus..Then what about the tiny Yatais the ones that has only 4~5 sitting small chairs and whilst there you sip the hot Sake and chew on the Odens. Or the excuisite provincial fares as the Bento box lunch purchased when the trains stops to different stations. Then the Hot springs called Onsens with more than thousand and thousand of public bath natural flowing hot water,the foods they serve at every Onsens across Japan. And_not_to forget, the all you can eat or drinking ( alcohol ) places. You can enter and have 2 hours limit Sushis, all you can eat ! Even the big belly foreigners are wellcome! Japan is gastronomic paradise..We know what is Umami or simply what taste good. There are no foods in the land of rising sun that does not taste "Oishii desu" !!
Ask Juanito-san, he endured his Kendo learning living in Gifu or Saitama perhaps?...The foods taste so good all over Japan, Ahem ! Now Iam coming to Bs As and me thinking, Beef or Pizzas ought be edible at least ? Just joking forumites ! Ha,ha,haaa
P.S. not to forget the delicious Gyozas or udons, even the fast food chain served Beef-Donburis across japan tastes so good and very healthy.!

No wonder UNESCO has selected the goodies of japan as: UNESCO added traditional Japanese cuisine, or "washoku," into its Intangible Cultural Heritage list
Ingredients play an important role in the traditional Japanese cuisine, particularly how fresh they are...http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/world/asia/japan-on-the-road-food/

あなたは私の友人を郵送しました;)

あなたは私の友人を郵送しました;)
 ジョンさん、はい。貴方からのPMが届きました! Domo-Domo Arigatou !

Anyone here the BA expat forumites need Japanese free classes?

Juanito-san can teach all of you and me as his assistant for free !

Also, yesterday watching the PBS station the NHK, Minister of labour said
Japan is running out of construction associates knee _labourers_due to the Tsunami areas re-construction and also for the upcoming 20202 Olympics so he has to call
on foreign labour pool, so anyone seeking to save some yens, go to Japan and flex your muscles,getting paid much much Yens.! Whislt there you could savour the Washokus..You will never have thought food taste so good and all those are using paleotic method,organic stuff. We don't use none of that Genetically modified foods ever !

Thank you SO MUCH :) lol My Japanese is *rubbish* nowadays (I even have to use google translator to write in Japanese because I can't remember all the characters and I don't have the special software or keyboard either:) Yes, I remember some hiragana and katakana but when it comes to KANJI - forget it... That reminds me - day off tomorrow - I really DO have to check out the Japanese garden here - after 4 years here its probably time - I was thinking it would be a perfect place for some sword practice - assuming we are allowed on the grass... (I guess I could take my bokken along just in case... ?)

Back