Yellow fever shot

Maybe the situation has changed but when I got the vaccination I was told that there is only one vaccination center that has international recognition.
The poster or anyone may need it to travel within certain regions of Argentina.

Of course there are. I won’t bother saying where.

Argentina Recommended Vaccinations:
Yellow Fever

Recommendations for all travellers
For your protection, Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended for all travellers 9 months of age and older travelling to the provinces of Misiones and Corrientes. Vaccination is also recommended for travellers visiting Iguaçu Falls.

Note:
Vaccination is not recommended if travelling to the province of Formosa and to the lowlands of the provinces of Jujuy, Chaco, and Salta. Take meticulous anti-mosquito bite measures during the daytime in these areas. All other areas of Argentina are risk free.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Travel Assistance team (infectologia) at Hospital Aleman to check on the need of different vaccines for travel purposes and general advise. I also asked about the yellow fever vaccine. I was told that depending on age and the exact nature of the itinerary they would tell me wheather I need the yellow fever vaccine or not and wheather they could write a certificate for an exception. An appointment with "Asistencia al Viajero" would be ideal at least a month two before travelling. If necessary, the vaccine can be given at their vacunatorio.

With all my respect, do not trust them.
They do not have the vaccine, they tell you so but this is not true.
If you push the envelope a little bit, they sign you a certificate saying that you are allergic to eggs, that you are not, and with this is you have the exception to the vaccination.
I didn’t know about the yellow fever vaccination requirement for South Africa, so, I explain you my experience. I was going to loose my flight and they gave me a fake certificate of egg allergy is 5 seconds at HA.
However, I felt uncomfortable with this and I made the consultation with real experts from a public institution and they recommend me to do not travel without the vaccine as soon as there is no cure for yellow fever.
So, i lost the flight, i got the vaccine, I waited the 2 weeks plus one day and then I traveled to South Africa.

If you go to the corner of Blanes and Av. Pedro de Mendoza (collective 20) and look north you'll see a modern building under the freeway which is the immunization center. The people are very nice, the shot is free and they give you the yellow immunization card. They will not give you a shot if you are over 60 but will give you the yellow immunization booklet saying you are exempt because of age. If you have ever received a yellow fever shot you are good for life.

T/
Hello,

I'm looking at Google map and it looks like the "modern" building on that corner has a wall around it. Are you sure that it's the correct address?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 11
R Expat Life 8
A Expat Life 7
M Expat Life 2
Back