Yellow Fever shots

Allgood

Registered
Hey there,

I was wondering where you can get a yellow fever shot? and how much would it cost, here in Buenos Aires?

Thanks,

Thomas:D

It is my understanding that vaccines are free here in Buenos Aires. Any sign you pass that says 'vacunas' will offer a yellow fever shot, and they are all over the place.

Address : Ingeniero Huergo 690 , San Telmo
Days: Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11 to 12 AM
Thursdays and Fridays from 4 to 5 PM
Bring DNI and/or Passport and 1 syringe of 1cc that you can purchase at any pharmacy..just tell them it's for a yellow fever shot..if I remember right you need to do this at least 10 days before you travel.
This location was given to my be a Doctor so it is a safe place to go.

EvergreenGal,

I was wondering how much the syringe of 1cc is? And when you take to that place, how much would that cost to do?

thomas

Thomas....

The syringe's are very inexpensive...available at any local pharmacy...maybe 3 pesos or less....not sure on the cost of the vaccination....this info was given to me about 6 months ago or more when I was planning on going up North and then the trip didn't happen so never got the shot...

I am sorry I can't be of more help...:(

Do you need this shot if you are coming to BA from the US? What other vaccinations do you need if any, and are they recommended or mandatory?

Immunizations The following vaccinations are recommended when visiting any area of Argentina:
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Typhoid
  • Tetanus-diphtheria, polio and measles (as needed booster doses)
  • If traveling to the north and northwestern areas of the country including Izuazu Falls, a Yellow Fever vaccination is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
  • The CDC also recommends taking a prescription anti-malarial medication if traveling along the border areas of Bolivia and Paraguay.
  • The Centers for Disease Control provides immunization information for travel in Latin America
This is what I found...but there are NO requirements for immunizations...these are just suggestions....it really depends on where you are traveling...how remote the area is...

You can go to the website of the CDC and look for more, but this is the basic list.

Yellow Fever shots if you go far North has been a must and last Spring there were issues with Dengue Fever in certain areas with mosquitoes. It was mainly in Paraguay if I remember right but there was a storm and many got blown into the northern region of Argentina and there were many that died and got very ill.
Hope this is of help...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 11
R Expat Life 8
TomAtAlki Expat Life 18
M Expat Life 2
Back