Yellow Fever vaccination

CPixie

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a yellow fever vaccination in Buenos Aires? I'm just travelling through, but heard it's available for free somewhere.

Also: Do I need a yellow fever vaccination if I want to enter Paraguay or Uruguay?

Thanks!

Probably free here in Argentina at public hospitals. I doubt you need it though.

CPixie said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a yellow fever vaccination in Buenos Aires? I'm just travelling through, but heard it's available for free somewhere.

Also: Do I need a yellow fever vaccination if I want to enter Paraguay or Uruguay?

Thanks!

For Uruguay I'm 100% sure you don't need it, as for Paraguay I'm 90% sure you don't need it (others will tell you).

On this page (last updated around 03/08) http://www.vacunacion.com.ar/info/en_fiebre_amarilla.html

one can read " Nota II: En la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, la Dirección de Sanidad de Fronteras dispone de vacunas antitifoidea y antiamarílica. Su dirección es Ingeniero Huergo 690; T.E.: 43431190.

Con motivo de la mayor demanda de vacunas por personas que tienen previsto viajar a zonas endémicas de Brasil, el Ministerio de Salud habilitó dos centros más: el Hospital Alejandro Posadas, ubicado en avenida Marconi y Presidente Illia; y en las instalaciones de Salud Ocupacional del Ministerio de Salud de la Nación: Carrillo 498.
"

Just google Yellow Fever Vaccination in Buenos Aires. There is a place in Puerto Modero, thats free, and it takes literally minutes, hard to believe you don't have to wait, but its true.

I wouldn´t get the vaccination. I was conned into getting it before I came to Argentina. It won´t even protect you if you get Yellow Fever, in fact it puts you more at risk.

I wouldn't take it either. Vaccinations aren't safe and should not be taken when it's not needed.

My wife is Paraguayan and I have visited Paraguay many times. Paraguay has some problems with Dengue (which is somehow related to yellow fever, but I'm not very knowlegable on the difference). However, most of those problems are in the country and in places where the land is not well kept and mosquitos are allowed to flourish.

Given how vaccines can be dangerous, and the fact that I have never had a vaccination for yellow fever to go to Paraguay (and my wife's family lives int he deepest backwoods country) and know no one who has had the vaccination, and know no one has contracted any illness, much less yellow fever, I would have to say that getting a vaccine is very unnecessary.

If you want to get it, it is free and yes, as mentioned, you could (and I assume still can) go to the clinic on Ingeniero Huergo 690 and get it. You just need to bring your passport with you. It takes about 5 minutes.

Be aware that some countries may prevent you from entering if you've been to a particular country where Yellow Fever is a problem.

For example, if you have stamps from Peru in your passport, Brazil will not let you enter without presenting a Yellow Fever International Certificate proving that you were vaccinated against Yellow Fever before you were in Peru.

I've had the Yellow Fever vaccination in Buenos Aires. I had a small fever a few days afterward, but other than that no problems whatsoever.

bradlyhale said:
I've had the Yellow Fever vaccination in Buenos Aires. I had a small fever a few days afterward, but other than that no problems whatsoever.

Just because you don't have any symptoms doesn't mean it didn't do damage to your body.

Back