Yellow Fever vaccination

I strongly recommend reading this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_fever

Moonwitch said:
I wouldn´t get the vaccination. I was conned into getting it before I came to Argentina. It won´t even protect you if you get Yellow Fever, in fact it puts you more at risk.

Where did you get this information?

orwellian said:
I wouldn't take it either. Vaccinations aren't safe and should not be taken when it's not needed.

Yes, orwellian you are right about that but it may be needed if you are getting down with an infected mosquito .

There are quite a few posters on here who don't believe in vaccinations and are quite strident about it.

I had the vaccine as it was required for anyone going to India that was coming from Argentina. Some countries do require it. The only side effect I had was a sore muscle.

The entire process was very simple.

Yes Citygirl that is true . Argentina has a very large anti vaccination movement and I for one do not agree with compulsory vaccinations . If you wish to vaccinate yourself that is your choice but the freedom of saying no must be given.

Pericles - I'm not going to argue. Right or wrong - some countries (in fact perhaps some that the OP is going to) DO require vaccinations in order to enter. So if you go, you have to get the vaccine. Or the OP may simply want it for preventative reasons.

Just as much as some people don't believe in them, others do.

Since neither Paraguay nor Uruguay require vaccines, the question of countries requiring vaccinations is moot and shouldb e left to the individual, hence my particular contribution and others that were talking about whther they SHOULD get a vaccine or not, in addition to where to get a vaccine...

I have no idea what other countries the OP is traveling to as s/he didn't share the full itinerary. And again, some people want to have the vaccine for preventative reasons even if it is not required.

My point was simply to provide information if the OP chooses to be vaccinated (or if the travel plans require it).

Orwellian - I can't express how little your opinion means to me. But thanks for yet another valuable contribution to this forum...:rolleyes:

citygirl said:
Orwellian - I can't express how little your opinion means to me. But thanks for yet another valuable contribution to this forum...:rolleyes:

Sharing is caring

i would strongly recommend anyone AGAINST ever being injected with any vaccine if they don't absolutely need to. If a certain country is requiring you to take a vaccine before entry then I'd highly reconsider traveling to that country.

I'm not saying that vaccines are 100% bad - however we KNOW they are not 100% safe. There is overwhelming evidence to show that many vaccines have been far more harmful than the very diseases they were supposedly intended to protect against.

The human immune system is designed to fight/defeat any disease out there. I would take my chances any day with the real disease rather than artificially inject living organisms directly into my bloodstream - one of the most unnatural medical procedures we can do to our bodies.

Back