You Know You're In Argentina When.....

122. when you meet a friend or acquaintance and the first 3 or 4 minutes of the conversation goes like thisQ: ¿cómo estás? A: bien; Q: ¿Todo bien? A: si, muy bien; Q: ¿cómo vas? A: bien, bien; ...

You forgot "y sos hincha de que equipo?" (I usually answer with the name of a weak football team, like CA Villa San Carlos or Union de Santa Fe)

You forgot "y sos hincha de que equipo?" (I usually answer with the name of a weak football team, like CA Villa San Carlos or Union de Santa Fe)
Personally prefer the "de que cuadro sos?" and use it at every turn..in Spain.....only the barra bravas make football unique in Argentina

Perhaps you're thinking of bombilla? No wonder you get strange looks.

You missed the whole tumultuous chaotic scene, and now u'r trying to confuse me.
In Cuba is called "pluma" ... so please ... I am not confused ... I know the stuff.

124. When jeans are bursting at the seams, and they look so good (the jeans that is).

You missed the whole tumultuous chaotic scene, and now u'r trying to confuse me.
In Cuba is called "pluma" ... so please ... I am not confused ... I know the stuff.

124. When jeans are bursting at the seams, and they look so good (the jeans that is).
I am afraid you have had too much mate with rum, mate B)
The filter-tube used for mate is a bombilla exactly as pauper wrote; pluma means tube (and pen, feather, ...).

Lookie-lookie http://upload.wikime...s_para_mate.jpg

I am afraid you have had too much mate with rum, mate B)
The filter-tube used for mate is a bombilla exactly as pauper wrote; pluma means tube (and pen, feather, ...).

Lookie-lookie http://upload.wikime...s_para_mate.jpg

I am in control of all my faculties. Very sure.

Not used to mate yet ... still on the hot toddy ... for some reason, my jet lag on that one lasted for 9 years.

when the elderly store owner loses his patience with a youngster ( of some 40ish years) for some unknown chastises him with the words of a tango sung out in full voice and finally resigns himself to muttering that the youngster would not understand the meaning anyway as he was from the generation that dances miles apart... (true story)

El chiquilinnn te miraba de afueeeraaa como esas cosas que nunnnca se alcanzannn
My singing abilities run on whiskey the more i drink the better i sing not to mention dancing omg i;m sooo awsome!! :p

145. When ... when it gets dark and they all be coming out from every direction ... From a distance they look like chukies ... u only see their heads moving and sticking out from piles of trash (sometimes their a** if they r in a certain position). They call them the cartonairos.

146. When #145 will be devouring mutilating terrorizing the stuff all night ... till break of day light.

147. When they are returning to where they came from, with the harvest of their hard labor packed in custom made sacks 7 meters high, 4 meters wide, stuck on a set of wheels 10 cm wide. You would rather think the "bleeping explicit" might be a tad bit unstable, (but hey that is only your opinion).

148. When they claim the right of way (cool calm and collected) on ANY artery of traffic including 9 de Julio, Corrientes .. u name it.

149. When you will be fuming if they decide to exercise their version of double lane driving.

150. When the big wigs and the well to do of #145 are equipped with custom modified 1954 pick up trucks with a really good wood tall box. You wonder how come these don't get chopped off when they go under an overpass.

Back