¡Hola chicos!

I am a newbie as well, I have decided to take the leap and join the group. I am 28 and a student living in Belgrano for the time being. I would be interested in meeting up for any sort of activity as my social life outside of school has been non-existent.

Try checking out the weekly Friday Night Frinks group - the threads are on the Expat Life Forum on here...... One way of meeting people...

Regarding the jazz festival, at Centro Cultural Recoleta there are three activities free of charge and very good ones:

- 4 Dec, 21 hs, Hugo Fattorusso

- 5 Dec, 20 hs, Homenaje a Tom Jobim

- 8 Dec, Leo Masliah

I think I will go to some of them

And all the events I mentioned above are for free. You need to show up one hour before it starts.

Hey

I'm pretty new on here. I ve been here a couple of months now studying Spanish. I would like to meet up with you guys if u head out for a beer, watch ther footy. I am English so if anyone wants practise that would be cool because I always need to practice my castellano.

DJ22 said:
Hey

I'm pretty new on here. I ve been here a couple of months now studying Spanish. I would like to meet up with you guys if u head out for a beer, watch ther footy. I am English so if anyone wants practise that would be cool because I always need to practice my castellano.
join us tonight ,see "FRIDAY NIGHT FRINKS" thread..:)regards Howard

I'm new here also, just checking in, I'm here for another week, I work in Houston, Texas, but come to BA quite offten, as my boss is here in Argentina. I am going to attempt to make it to the Frinks night tonight, I guess I'll just listen to hear English in order to find all of you. I'm very interested in meeting more people in the area, so when I come back in a couple of months I've got something to do other than sit in my hotel night after night waiting to go back home. I don't speak much Spanish, but really want to learn more than I already know, so anyone willing to help me with that is great. Hope to see you all tonight at Frinks...

ElChavoDel7 said:
Cannondale F700! I am jealous. I used to have a Cannondale F7 (stolen in the states), and a Cannondale F500 (which I sold before moving here.) Now I have some piece of #$@% that I bought on mercado libre, but at least it is less likely to get stolen. Whatever you do with you Cannondale, don't lock it up outside here. A bike of that caliber will disappear quickly.

As far as the routes here, there is a "bikeway" that runs through the city, but it sometimes stops abruptly and it is difficult to find where it picks back up again. Also many cars park illegally on it which defeats its purpose. The eco reserve in Puerto Madero is fun to ride through, but not very long. The city is nice to ride through later at night with lights, or on the weekends when traffic isn't so severe. I don't know much about biking outside of capital, but I'm sure you can find some info on the forum. Good luck with your move.

Thanks for the advice, sorry to hear about your bike being stolen! I used to have Giants, had 2 stolen in 2 weeks in London! Then moved to Cannondale and loving it. I plan to be very careful with the bike I've heard many theft stories.

I'm going to arrange some kind of cycle club; or join one if there's already one that exists. I'll keep you informed in case your interested.

Lets meet for a cup of coffee on Wednesday December 8th at 4pm at Big Mamma, Juramento 2156, Belgrano neigbourhood.

The place is close to Avenida Cabildo and Avenida Juramento corners, also close to the train station, many bus lines close by.

I am brunette with straight hair, will be wearing a stripped white and black shirt.

See you there

Back